Sub-contract driver

brain teaser for all you drivers
does anyone know about sub contracting drivers.
somebody mentioned to me the other day.you can contract yourself out to companys.without having your own vehicle,like your own business.not sure how this works,any advice out there would be appreciated. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

its just getting on firms casual list
youbecome a one man agency thats all

so you could stick to firms that dont use agencies typically
owner drivers on traction, tipper blokes, cement mixers, blockwagons etc

plus you could sign on with an agency as well
it depends who youknow and what you can do

you mean Self Employed driver

there are a number of self employed drivers on the forum, i believe Quinny is one, as well as Alex776, Tonka236 and many others

I made a killing freelancing. I initially signed with an agency, build up a good rapport with the hauliers I was placed with, then just worked for them directly. you’ll generally find you can work out what the agency are charging them (usually quite a bit more than they are paying you) then undercut the agency by a few quid.
You’ll be getting more per hour than the agency are paying and the haulier pays less for exactly the same service from you. Everyone’s a winner.

My phone was always ringing red hot and I was turning work down every week. Liability insurance costs peanuts, a good accountant should save you more than what you’re paying them, and you can write off a large chunk of all of profit against expenses to lessen your tax burden.