Sub-Contact.which company do you recommend MEC or Wincanton

Hi guys
I’ve got one unit truck 44t and thinking start job sub-contractors on Felixstowe containers,I thinking start with MEC or Wincanton,Which company do you recommend?
:question:

Neither mate nobody in felixstowe paying enough to make it worth doing these days.

Dean B:
Neither mate nobody in felixstowe paying enough to make it worth doing these days.

+1

I know it sounds flipant mate but they’re right. I’ve recently sold my slider and bar a few worthwhile merchant jobs I’ve knocked boxes on the head. Those 2 are notoriously low paying for “Subbies” HTH.

Winc wanted to pay £1.14 per mile, that was a while back like.

May as well just drive it off the dock in to the sea.

I work out of felixstowe as a owner driver and run for SEA. They pay £1.40per mile or garrantey £2200 a week. Its hard, so long as your not greedy it can work.

It’s a wage isn’t it, not much more (unless you’re unlucky) if that floats your boat then sorted.

Greedy? Do you mean profit?

Goaty:

Thats a dirty word to many. Whats the point of being an owner driver for just a wage.

kr79:

Goaty:

Thats a dirty word to many. Whats the point of being an owner driver for just a wage.

SEA are doing one of my long standing jobs for less than I was 5 years ago. Good luck with that.