Stupidity of some drivers

I was travelling through the clockwise roadworks by clacket lane at 21.00 last night, to be confronted by a van just by the start of the onslip out of the services parked inbetween the cones,
not a problem he’s managed to get clear of the carrigeway i hear you say, it wouldn’t of been either except he is knelt down in the live lane of traffic trying to change his flat tyre. i only saw him at the last minute as dressed in dark cloths and with a highvis on that did not work as it was so dirty, i had to hit the brakes and throw my truck out into the second lane, at this point i would like to say sorry to the driver in the car beside me, but hats off to him for his quick reactions as well for getting out into the third lane.
that had to be the closest i have come to killing someone while working, and to be honest it left me physically shaking, needless to say i dailed 999 before someone did kill him and had to live with that fact for the rest of their life, why oh why have people got to be so stupid to kneel down in the live lane of a motorway in the dark the guy must of had a death wish, even if he didn’t get hit directly just the draught of a 44 tonner passing 5 feet away would be enought to pull him backwards under the rear wheels of the trailer :blush: :blush: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Be careful on Friday nights along the hadlow-tonbridge A26 stretch too. (Not that far from Clackett Lane) There’s always guys dressed in black shirts walking along half-cut, going home from walking the girls back to hadlow college digs (I am guessing) with their backs to you, whom you don’t see until you’re practically right on top of them. Luckily for both of us, there was nothing coming the other way as I swerved right over into the oncoming lane to avoid them.
Yes, I do turn my music off when I’m going down a dark single carriageway road, especially on a friday night.
Good on ya for the speedy reactions!

Then there’s the divide approaching the M26/M25 J5 eb still in the roadworks…

Mike Reid.jpg
2 seconds runaround starting Naahhhh!

Working nights, I’ve lost track of the amount of people who’ve been walking down unlit roads in a black coat and jeans while walking the dog/home from the pub/to work ect, some have been bloody close calls as well. It annoys me to think if hit, the driver would be in the wrong.

Now PPE isn’t that expensive, and could save your life, even if you do look a bit of a ■■■.

happened to me in the car years ago on the way to work at 4am
Bloke on an unlit country lane riding a bike with no lights wearing dark trousers and a black donkey jacket, i caught him on the brow of a hill, swerved but the back end on my Capri went and i clipped the kerb , went over a hedge and rolled 3 times into a farmers field landing on the roof, luckily for me {but not for him} my brother was in the car with me and managed to pull me out , wasnt a pleasant experience

Friday night clubbers seem to have a "I’ll sleep when I’m dead" attitude.
They’ll find themselves “nodding off” their mortal coils soon enough if they run into a less alert driver this coming friday I reckon.
Some people will do anything to get a lift in a hearse I guess. :unamused:

Two idiots trying to do that on the m180 I think the other eve. Thing is, they had a bloke standing a ways back by the hard shoulder but he wasn’t waiving traffic over, he was just standing there, about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I wonder if the driver of the black merc on the M6 today was half asleep, as he’d somehow managed to run into the back of a Tractor unit :unamused: Made quite a mess of his car!

chaversdad:
happened to me in the car years ago on the way to work at 4am
Bloke on an unlit country lane riding a bike with no lights wearing dark trousers and a black donkey jacket, i caught him on the brow of a hill, swerved but the back end on my Capri went and i clipped the kerb , went over a hedge and rolled 3 times into a farmers field landing on the roof, luckily for me {but not for him} my brother was in the car with me and managed to pull me out , wasn’t a pleasant experience

I bet that has stuck with you like my first fatal accident i attended a few years a go.

Fair play to him for for changing his tyre so he could get on, most people would of just left it there blocking the road.