Stupid Tachograph question

Where can I buy printer rolls?
Are they available in most motorway service areas - or do I need to hunt the buggers down on-line? - ARGOS, Wilkinsons?

ebay.co.uk/itm/2-BOXES-Digit … 2a13227656

Buy printer rolls!!

Are you an owner driver?

Or here for 3 rolls @ £3.90

Get them in most motorway services mate.

ROG:
Buy printer rolls!!

Are you an owner driver?

Nope - I izz a relief driver, so I get dumped in whatever vehicle comes to hand - at no notice at all.

The law says the I must have enough roll for a printout and a spare roll - I izz liable.

In your own (regular) truck you know how much is on the roll, and where the spare is - dumped in a strange truck you might have to hunt for hours - and then there might not be a spare - so a box of three spare in the bottom of my bag eats no meat and could someday save me a fine.

P.S. Got them in the fuel-dock of the nearest MWSA.

Form other posts I have seen on this and other sites it is the responsibility of the operators to ensure that the driver has been supplied with printout rolls and the responsibility of the driver is to ask the operator for them if necessary

That seems to be the way it works from what I have read but perhaps others know different …

DougR:
The law says the I must have enough roll for a printout and a spare roll - I izz liable.

Sorry to be pedantic but the law doesn’t require you to carry a spare roll, the regulations require you to have enough printing paper to do a printout if required at a road-side check.

Having said that, it is of course advisable to have a spare roll :wink:

To be honest in the circumstances you’ve described I woulod have asked the gaffer for a spare roll I could keep with me.

tachograph:

DougR:

Sorry to be pedantic but the law doesn’t require you to carry a spare roll, the regulations require you to have enough printing paper to do a printout if required at a road-side check.

Having said that, it is of course advisable to have a spare roll :wink:

To be honest in the circumstances you’ve described I woulod have asked the gaffer for a spare roll I could keep with me.

Do it as one of your daily checks, check the roll, if there isn’t one go and get one from the traffic office, but I bet the reason there isn’t one is because all these agency drivers are needlessly printing a full days work off every day.

Who downloads your driver card?

Wheel Nut:
Do it as one of your daily checks, check the roll, if there isn’t one go and get one from the traffic office, but I bet the reason there isn’t one is because all these agency drivers are needlessly printing a full days work off every day.

That’s why I always used to take the roll out of the unit when I had my truck.

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Typical Embra punter! You’ll have had your tea?

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

I have indeed.

Well, brunch, eggy bread and strawberries. Good times.

I made the mistake of telling Jimboy that Edinburghisim a few weeks ago, he never stops using it now. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks like a HFW brunch if I’m not mistaken?

44 Tonne Ton:

HFW? :confused:

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

I made the mistake of telling Jimboy that Edinburghisim a few weeks ago, he never stops using it now. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought that the absolute end in Scottish cuisine was the deep fried pizza (Kelso 1973) - but then I’d never though that you could serve haddock with strawberries.

A soup plate of warm gin with a single red hair.

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall of River Cottage fame! He made that very thing you had for breakfast on one of his repeats that was on yesterday.

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall of River Cottage fame! He made that very thing you had for breakfast on one of his repeats that was on yesterday.

Never heard of the fellow and never seen the show. I’ve been making that for years after being introduced to the idea by one of the chefs at a hotel I used to work at in Crianlarich.

I’ve Googled him now and filled in the gap in my knowledge,

Just taken delivery of another case of that wine 6 bottles @ £21 on special @ Makro! :smiley: That was the last case they had :cry:

Coffeeholic:

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

I have indeed.

Well, brunch, eggy bread and strawberries. Good times.

“” Youll Have had your tea , “”

But not a omelette and strawberrys out of a ash tray! :smiley: :smiley: