Stupid question of the month part 2

When I take a daily break,it can be split into two periods,(for the purpose of boarding a ferry)but the 11 must then be increased by 2 hours I believe.
Could I use the same criteria so,that if I had my 45 hr break,(and moved on to a ferry),then took a 4 hr break,that my driving time would not start until I got off the far side.Therefore giving me a 4 hr advantage?
So for example,45 hr break.
Move on to ferry at 13.00 hrs.(Say five minutes/minimal distance)
Ferry journey of 4 hours.
Can my working day start at 17.00 hrs?
Giving me a spread until 08.00 the following morning(as opposed to 04.00 the following morning)
Not sure if I`m being clear.
Any pointers

whiplash:
When I take a daily break,it can be split into two periods,(for the purpose of boarding a ferry)but the 11 must then be increased by 2 hours I believe.
Could I use the same criteria so,that if I had my 45 hr break,(and moved on to a ferry),then took a 4 hr break,that my driving time would not start until I got off the far side.Therefore giving me a 4 hr advantage?
Giving me a spread until 08.00 the following morning(as opposed to 04.00 the following morning)
Any pointers

I think you’re referring to an interrupted daily rest period for the purpose of getting on/off a ferry.

You can interrupt a regular daily rest (11 hours rest) twice when travelling by ferry or train, the total interruptions must not exceed 1 hour in total and you should have access to a bunk or couchette in order to take advantage of this derogation from the regulations.
That’s generally referred to as an interrupted daily rest period, and the time spent working whilst getting on/off the ferry or train should be added onto the minimum of 11 hours daily.
There’s no need to add 2 hours.

The shift would start at 13:00 when you start work and move the vehicle, the 4 hour ferry journey could be treated as rest though, this would mean you could do a 15 hour spread-over without it counting as a reduced daily rest period but your new shift should still not start until at least 04:00 the following day.

While you can interrupt a daily rest period you cannot do the same with a weekly rest period.

whiplash:
Any pointers

I believe you are referring to the pre 2007 3820/85 regulations where you had to add two hours following an interrupted daily rest period. 561/2006 began on 11/04/07

As coffeeholic said, you cannot interrupt a weekly rest period. Period.

No it wouldnt be interrupting my weekly rest. That would be had. But could I,by doing a shunt on to the boat,lengthen my 45 hour break,and start my duty on arrival in Britain. "Pinning" for want of a better phrase,the boat journey to the 45 hour break,and therefore starting my duty on arrival in Britain. Basically,only starting duty in Britain,not at the port in Dublin.(Giving me prospectively an extra 3-4 hours on my spread). Think I have the jist of whats being said though.
Thanks to all.

whiplash:
No it wouldnt be interrupting my weekly rest. That would be had. But could I,by doing a shunt on to the boat,lengthen my 45 hour break,and start my duty on arrival in Britain. "Pinning" for want of a better phrase,the boat journey to the 45 hour break,and therefore starting my duty on arrival in Britain. Basically,only starting duty in Britain,not at the port in Dublin.(Giving me prospectively an extra 3-4 hours on my spread). Think I have the jist of whats being said though.
Thanks to all.

No, legally your shift would start when you first start work which would be when you move the vehicle at 13:00.

There’s no way to legally attach the drive onto the ferry and the ferry trip thereafter onto the weekly rest period.

That`s what I meant alright Tacho.
Thanks anyway,forewarned…forearmed.