Stupid question I know! But advice most appreciated

Hey all

Passed my class 1 a week past Friday but previous to this I had applied to the local council for a job on class 2. Got a call on Thursday last week from the council asking me to attend for an interview on Tuesday this week. Was really wanting a class 1 job but figured it would do no harm to work on the class 2 for a while to gain more experience. The money is quite healthy also so that makes it easier.

Sorry for the rambling but my main question is what should I wear to interview as it is at the main refuse centre at the council. Should I attend suited and booted or just go for a smart/casual look? Don’t want to lose out on job for the sake of the wrong choice.

Thanks in advance for any comments

Smart casual

Thanks rog

Personally i always go suited and booted. i dont think you can overdress for an interview. Maybe its because im ex military but if i was interviewing then i would expect candidates to be in a suit or at the very least trousers shirt and tie. Clean and pressed.

Smart casual. No tie, no suit.

Smart casual. No tie, no suit.

+1

Good luck with it. IMO sensible to go for this rather than hold out for class one. You will find it easy to move on in a bit.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Have you asked the person conducting the interview if there will be an assessment? It might be worth giving them a call telling them you are preparing for the interview and wanted to know if you need to bring ‘working clothes’ the answer they give will let you know exactly what to wear.

Thanks for the replies, there will be no assessment as he said full training will be provided if successful.

Pete: I kinda thought that if I was in a job and gained more experience then I could move into class 1 when ready. Although when he called me and asked me in for interview and to bring in licence, passport and cpc card, I told him that I didn’t have licence back from dvla as yet as only passed class 1 a week past Friday. He was quite keen that I had done class 1 also. So maybe hope in their in the future as he says they operate class 1 as well.

But I reckon I will go with the smart casual look, trousers and shirt etc (no ties).

Thanks again for replies guys

Best of luck!

th2013:
Best of luck!

Cheers