Stupid Question But?

Ok so the clocks forward this weekend so if your finish sat at 8 pm and want 9 off what time can you start on sun ? i assume its 6am sun ?

bjd:
Ok so the clocks forward this weekend so if your finish sat at 8 pm and want 9 off what time can you start on sun ? i assume its 6am sun ?

That is a good question. The internal clock is set to GMT and should not be adjusted, so you must start 9 hours from finish time by the tacho clock. Hope that makes sense. Can’t remember which way round it is but for half the year the clock will be one hour different.

Well my tachograph is an hour out anyways but the clocks change soon so it will be fixed lol! Like said, you go by the time on your tacho at the end of the day

well my logic is that 6am will still be 5am UTC which would be 9 hours and if you change the time on the display will it alter the tacho head time showing if not does it need to ? in all my years i have never been at work when the clocks alter

You need 9 actual hours off, not 9 hours difference between GMT and BST. If you finish at 20:00 GMT Saturday evening you can start earliest at 05:00 GMT, which will be 06:00 BST

Coffeeholic:
You need 9 actual hours off, not 9 hours difference between GMT and BST. If you finish at 20:00 GMT Saturday evening you can start earliest at 05:00 GMT, which will be 06:00 BST

So i was right then ?

bjd:
well my logic is that 6am will still be 5am UTC which would be 9 hours and if you change the time on the display will it alter the tacho head time showing if not does it need to ?

Digital tacho always records in UTC, which is as close to GMT as makes no difference. What the display shows is immaterial, you can have that set to whatever you want and it won’t change the recorded time.

bjd:

Coffeeholic:

So i was right then ?

Yep. :smiley:

Cheers thought i was but better to check

Scraggy88:
Well my tachograph is an hour out anyways

No it isn’t, its displaying UTC and not local time.

bjd:

9hrs or 11hrs after you took your card out. The local time on the display is irrelevant as the tacho works from UTC which doesn’t alter regardless of daylight savings or changing timezones when going across to the continent.

Conor:

It depends if he is using a digital or analogue tacho - and we are currently on GMT which is the same as UTC, so the two should be the same right now.
If he’s on a digital then he probably hasn’t changed the local time since October and the UTC is hopefully set correctly and recording the correct time. If he is using an analogue then he has been recording his hours on UTC+1 (BST) all winter.

Conor:

Scraggy88:
Well my tachograph is an hour out anyways

Why is it UTC, when UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time? Why didn’t they call it CUT?

simples … what ever you need take and extra hour in bed …

Works for me :grimacing:

nick2008:
simples … what ever you need take and extra hour in bed …

Works for me :grimacing:

Now that idea I like

weeto:
Why is it UTC, when UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time? Why didn’t they call it CUT?

It’s a compromise between English and French (temps universel coordonné) so the acronym is the same in all languages.
Much like how ISO is the International Organisation for Standardisation.

Although the likes of the FTA keep publishing posters and booklets etc calling it “universal time coordinated”. :unamused:

What time do the clocks change?

mucker85:

Dunno I’ll be asleep either way

mucker85:

02:00.

I’m sure clocks used to always change at 01:00 but I’ve no idea why it was moved to 02:00 :confused:

tachograph:

mucker85:

02:00.

I’m sure clocks used to always change at 01:00 but I’ve no idea why it was moved to 02:00 :confused:

They go forward at 01:00 in March, they go back at 02:00 in October.