Stupid journalists

expressandstar.com/news/2015 … olgirl-13/

Lorry my arse…its a van. And not a flatbed!

They have been watching emerdale they call vans lorries on that too

Looks like a tilt :confused:

consulted by matt stockdale

Blame the police, they use the terms truck, lorry and flat-bed in their press release, despite it clearly being a mk 7 Transit with some kind of curtain or tarp covered body.

west-midlands.police.uk/lat … px?id=3867

It’s because saying Lorry driver attacks girl makes better copy than van driver attacks girl. Sensationalist journalism, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

does it matter if it is a van or lorry. the public think any thing bigger than a car is a jugernought anyway. you would not care what it was called if it was your daughter. lets not waste time with this drivel just look for the thing it is not your everyday eastern euro transit, no sleeper, not may tilt type bodies that long, so its for ultra light goods, there cannot be that many about an as its a commercial it is probably used every day so someone has seen it or one like it, so lets look for it not at it.

mick.mh2racing:
It’s because saying Lorry driver attacks girl makes better copy than van driver attacks girl. Sensationalist journalism, why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

+1 they do this a lot of the time ,that’s one of the reasons they earned the title of the gutter press

sorry all, I know there’s a bigger issue with the child getting attacked but I got texted the link from so called friends all because I drive a wagon…they was taking the mick as from the NEWSPAPER HEADLINES …I know if I said to a audi driving wnker, “i like your bmw it looks great”

hotel magnum:
does it matter if it is a van or lorry. the public think any thing bigger than a car is a jugernought anyway.

I agree, the main thing is identifying the vehicle and driver, but it would be more helpful if they said they were looking for a Ford Transit with a distinctive curtain-type body, it might jog people’s memories a bit more. Especially from the likes of radio news it might prompt people to go and look at the picture.
I’m sure had it been a car the police would have been more descriptive than saying a “red car” if the CCTV was clear it was a Vauxhall Astra.