Stupid driver

I was in my car last night at about midnight heading north on the M6 from 14 to 19. It was raining, but the carriageway was clear of traffic so I was doing about 75. There were the usual middle lane hogs and the ocassional suicide idiot doing 120 or whatever but somewhere near junction 16 I saw an artic in the outside lane! As I approached, I slowed and pulled into the outside lane behind expecting him to pull over…nope. He sat in the outside lane, I flashed him to no avail. I swung into the inside lane & over (under!) took him and when I did he moved to the middle lane & put his lights on full beam. Thanks driver, glad to see you knew I was there!

Asleep? Drunk? Who knows, bloody dangerous? Yes!

Doesn’t sound to clever does it? I was in heavy rain a while back in my car in the inside lane an artic ahead but nothing else at all around us as I approached him/her still in the inside lane I indicate to over take him/her and he indicates and pulls into the middle lane before I had the chance there was nothing infront off him/her so I have no idea why he pulled into the middle lane is there a reason for this that I dont know about or was this just a random thing that happened?

Karl86:
I was in heavy rain a while back in my car in the slow lane…

What is this “slow lane” you speak of? :smiley:

Contraflow:

Karl86:
I was in heavy rain a while back in my car in the slow lane…

What is this “slow lane” you speak of? :smiley:

Lol any ideas why the driver done this it’s bugged me for ages I’m wondering an I meant to be doing the same thing? Is it a truckers thing that I don’t know about lol.

Karl86:
any ideas why the driver done this it’s bugged me for ages…

Maybe there was something on the hard shoulder that he wanted to give a bit more room to? Maybe there was some debris in the road? Maybe the inside lane was a filter lane for the junction you were approaching? Maybe he just wanted to ■■■■ you off? I don’t know, I wasn’t there.

There’s a million and one reasons why he might have done it. My advice is to not let it trouble you so much. Let it go. :smiley:

You should have swerved violently back in to the nearside lane and undertook him. Then when you’re just in front of him, swerve back in to his lane and slammed the brakes on causing him to run up your arse. THAT would have taught him a lesson.

Ps: I’m only joking.

Born Idle:
I was in my car last night at about midnight heading north on the M6 from 14 to 19. It was raining, but the carriageway was clear of traffic so I was doing about 75. There were the usual middle lane hogs and the ocassional suicide idiot doing 120 or whatever but somewhere near junction 16 I saw an artic in the outside lane! As I approached, I slowed and pulled into the outside lane behind expecting him to pull over…nope. He sat in the outside lane, I flashed him to no avail. I swung into the inside lane & over (under!) took him and when I did he moved to the middle lane & put his lights on full beam. Thanks driver, glad to see you knew I was there!

Another stupid driver showing no respect to other motorists in there driving then? :unamused:

Was artic left or right hand drive ?

So hang on me get this straight, you were doing 75mph on the m6?

Born Idle:

He might have thought he was on the continent…in which case he would have been in the right lane (ie drive on the right…furthest right lane is the “slow” lane)

Did you report it or just post about it on the Internet?

Probably thought he was in Steven Spielburg’s film, Duel !

Saaamon:

seems a bit slow to me

triple-tango:

Saaamon:

seems a bit slow to me

When driving in the rain?

Very good lads both posts made me chuckle I’m not in the slightest bit troubled over it things like that don’t really bother me I gave up belting my horns out over every thing that windes me up ages ago I just thought this could have been some sort off trucker thing and wanted to know if it was so I could jump on the band wagon if it was :smiley:

Karl86:
I just thought this could have been some sort off trucker thing and wanted to know if it was so I could jump on the band wagon if it was :smiley:

It is… but it’s a secret. You’ll get a letter from the Queen telling you all about it as soon as you’ve driven one million professional miles.

Don’t tell him lads. Don’t spoil the surprise. :smiley:

I had the same thing climbing away from J36 on the M6 a couple of weeks back. I’m in the 3.5 Tonner doing about 60-65 (loaded and climbing, it’s not too quick :laughing: ) just passing a City Link truck when a black Magnum on NI plates flies up behind me, into lane 3 and passes the pair of us. Took me to near 80mph till I could pass him again! Obviously got a cracking limiter on it, just wish there was some authority around…

Semtex:
He might have thought he was on the continent…in which case he would have been in the right lane (ie drive on the right…furthest right lane is the “slow” lane)

I once came off the boat in Dover and headed up the hill towards the M20…a Lithianian truck that was next to me on the ferry had shipped over bobtail and overtook me going up the hill and I thought nothing more about it. Further up when the M20 started I caught him up and overtook him and again, would have thought nothing else about it, if it were not the the fact that the minute I got past he moved in to the centre lane and a few seconds later he moved in to the far right lane, almost causing a pile up behind him as cars had to emergancy brake to avoid rear ending him. I was only doing 1 or 2mph faster than he so I spent the next 5 or 10 minutes looking in my mirror as he quite merrily trundled along in the fast lane without a care in the world. Now I drive in North America and see this sort of moronic behavior hundreds of times a day, every day.

Saaamon:

in the rain !!!

I passed my million mile milestone ages ago haven’t heard anything she must off forgot what a cow bring on wills I say!