Stumbled across this e-petition

Stumbled across this e-petition
epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44544

"Ban HGV’s during rush hour

Responsible department: Department for Transport

To assist in rush hour traffic conditions, I propose that we ban HGV’s from the roads during the times of 07:00-09:00 and 16:00-18:00 to allow commuters to get to and back from their workplaces. Commuters usually cannot determine their own work times therefore have to use the roads during these busy times. Having 24 hours in a day, we still leave 20 hours for HGVs on the roads, but reduce traffic at peak times when commuters and parents of school children really need to use the roads."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They really don’t like us do you!!! saying that he’s only got 22 signed up when I posted this!

I propose the following counter e-petition?

"That we also ban Parents from doing the school run, because there is a perfectly good buses service to use? And they course 90% of the congestion on the road!

If they got there own way I personally would love to see the disappointment on there faces when they realize there in the some traffic jams.

on the run:
They really don’t like us do you!!!

It doesn’t look like an ePetition by someone who doesn’t like lorries, more like someone who doesn’t understand road transport.

The way it reads I would put that petition down to ignorance more than dislike.

Anyway given that the petition closes on Friday I doubt Mr Robinson is going to get the required number of signatures :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Seems like some git has been stuck behind one of us as we observe the 40mph speed limit when he was in a hurry one morning … lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Signed.

Does this mean I don’t have to get up at stupid o’clock?

I really hope this goes through, firstly because it’s miserable driving through London in the rush hour, and secondly so that we can all feel smug when a whole host of other unforeseen problems arise as a consequence.

How I’d love to see every driver in the land stand together and refuse to deliver in London at all.

Love it! be careful what you wish for Mr R :laughing:

parents of school children really need to use the roads.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Will someone please think of the…

the maoster:
Signed.

Only another 99,977 signatures to get before Friday morning then :smiley:

the maoster:
Signed.

lol :grimacing: just pished my can of sugar free irn bru all over my ipad :laughing:

Oh come on, let’s get him excited! Let’s all sign his petition!

e-petitions are just another of the government’s great cons to fool people into thinking that we actually live in a democracy.

It says that " if it gets at least 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons ". Note the word “considered”.

I have signed quite a few that have well exceeded the 100,000 mark and NOT ONE of them was ever debated in the house of thieves!!!

There’s also a petition opposing the re-naming of the August Bank Holiday as Margaret Thatcher Day! Shoorly November the 5th would be a better choice… :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

I nearly choked on my tea reading this he’s only got 23 signatures (mine is deffinately not one)

If he gets his way,has he worked out everything will cost more.So in the end, he will be the one Paying for his one man army truck ban club.
Where will all the trucks park while waiting for the ban to end.Because all the other trucks would have taken up the space in lay bys and Msa’s.
It is similar to bans in Europe.Each country did not want the problem of parked up trucks so kept changing the rules to suit them.
Years ago there was a ban on which country the truck was from.Everybody else had to park up til the ban ended.