Stuff in the road

Looking at highways.gov.uk/news/pressre … eid=171661
and seeing the waste of straps and delays caused by debris left by our trucking pals, Here’s a link to what some of the muppets in cars are losing nds.coi.gov.uk/clientmicrosite/C … bjectId=36

Holding everyone up even more as it gets cleared up :imp:

In the old mixer days i was following a ■■■■■■ van down the M60 when an armchair “took sail” and gracefully floated down ending up in lane two facing facing me :open_mouth:.

In the present existence we’ve had a 40ft trailer adrift and sat on it’s legs in lane 1 :open_mouth: , the scrape marks are still in the carriageway a year later :slight_smile:, 15 tonne of marmalade slurry rolling about in a variety of split barrels over 60 of em, and at the moment we have a nice collection of surfboards, lifejackets etc along the back fence of the compound to brighten the place up.

What’s some of the maddest stuff you’ve seen in the lanes on your trucking about :astonished:

a giant ‘Ribena’ berry man :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A lifelike plastic decoy goose in the central reservation, supposedly injured. Stopped the traffic with the intention of capturing it, just about to pounce on it when we saw it was plastic! :open_mouth:

what happens to it all?

limeyphil:
what happens to it all?

Ebay :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though if your mattress has come off and been run over a few times why do some people insist on it back :smiley:

We’ve had bunches of keys, wallets etc lost in the c/way, How do they do it ?

Ps i have lost the same mobile in L3 and in the cent/res got them both back working :wink:

Good job it wasn’t rainin it was in the res 6 hrs til i rang it at 2am and a “scouting party” found it :confused:

I was once going down the M1 near Leicester in a van when a sofa fell off the back of a trailer in front of me and I ended up colliding with it and skidding onto the hard shoulder with it’s battered remains wedged under the van. In due course the Police turned up (this was in pre-womble days) and they were pessimistic about the chances of finding the culprit when a call came through on the radio saying a bloke was in Watford Gap services and ringing up to report his sofa lost and could he have it back if they could find it. :laughing:

Last week in France, on a deserted minor road between Blois and Chartres (I think) I spotted a black thing on the road. Coming closer I noticed there were two black thing, a small one and a big one, the big one blocking my lane nearly completely. I could have passed it using the opposite lane but I decided to stop and check things out. The small one was a leather motorbiker glove and the big one … jogging trousers - blowed by wind into size and shape.
No skid marks around, I checked trenches for any sign of (semi-) naked motorbiker, kicked the stuff onto verge and continued.

There was also a pair of formal shoes in the middle of the road to Perkins plant in Peterborough couple of weeks ago; they were there for good few days and made me chuckle I drove past.

Other than that I only had big cardboard box (home cinema box size) lifting out of a small pickup in front of me. It took me a second to realize “it must be empty when it’s flying” but it was quite scary. It landed behind me thanks God

i was driving down the A1 approaching the A46 turn at Newark whnen an Audi estate car, fully loaded as if they were either going on or returning from holiday, complete with overloaded bike rack on the tailgate, the last bike on the rack was that of a small girl, pink and had tassles on the bar ends :laughing:

well, this bike fell off the rack as the car was doing approx 75(ish)Mph, it hit the road, bounced from the tyre, went over the first car behind, bounced again and landed firmly on the bonnet of the next car :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it very nearly caused a serious accident due to all the other vehicles taking evasive action :open_mouth:

mind you, i never knew a kiddies bike could bounce that high :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know for a moment there I almost felt sorry for the poor little kid who’s bike got trashed, and then the line from that old tailgating PIF went through my head “It’s tough having a fool for a father!”

Seems that you get ‘everything including the kitchen sink’ with car drivers :laughing:

tofer:
You know for a moment there I almost felt sorry for the poor little kid who’s bike got trashed, and then the line from that old tailgating PIF went through my head “It’s tough having a fool for a father!”

didn’t see “the father” in the car, it was a woman driving and about 4 kids.

i actually felt sorry for the little girl too, but then again, she would ge a new bike out of her mothers incompetence :laughing:

Have you found a size 9 Doc Marten in Ox Blood?

A few weeks ago M6 south by stafford there was a wheelbarrow in lane one caused quite a few trucks to swerve, god knows how there wasnt a crash.

i once seen a fridge on the M8 junction 10, i see loads of bits and bobs but the fridge was probably the biggest thing ive seen on a carriageway.

merc0447:
i once seen a fridge on the M8

Hmmm… COOL !! :blush:

Saw one of those big roofers ladders laying in the middle lane of the M25 a while back, luckily it was lying between the lines on the road so the truck in front and me passed over it okay, not too sure whether the car tailgating me behind made it over okay though as it was too late to give any warning :confused:

saw a pair of mens sandals in the wide load lay by after Tibshelf services M1 n on mon stratigally placed looking as the person had been beemed up lol :smiley:

DOLLY BLACK SHEEP:
saw a pair of mens sandals in the wide load lay by after Tibshelf services M1 n on mon stratigally placed looking as the person had been beemed up lol :smiley:

So that’s what happened to them. One minute I was on the way back to the truck the next it was three hours later and I was halfway down the M1 with a sore arse.

This thread reminds me of a time when i was driving down the M4 a few years back.
I was about 100 yards behind a lorry, that passed a car which was stopped on the hard shoulder.
The car driver was stood at the back of his Viva(said it was a few years back :blush: ) and the backdraft of passing lorry launched this blokes trilby hat skywards before it landed in my path, so i duly ran over it :laughing:
Still laugh when i think of it :laughing:

Not that unusual but the aftermath was… Ran clean over a dead baby deer on the A75 heading south from Stranrar in the car last Feburary (heading to Autosport in Brum). Made one hell of a thud but no oil lamp nor dodgy steering so drove on and tbh forgot about come MOT in a few months time. Failed due to brake pipe clamps being knocked off by said deer and huge clumps of fur (STILL!!) stuck to wishbones, sumpguard brackets, exhaust hangers, towbar mounts and any other item sticking down from the floor of the car :unamused: