Stuck with driving hours!

Hi, I’m after some advice with my weekly rest really.
I had last weekend off, then worked 8:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
And 8:00 to 10:30 today. Mainly other work but the odd couple of hours driving.

The question is that I’m driving tommorow 6:00 to 15:00. Can I legally do this? And would I need a day off next week?

Thanks

I believe the answer is no, You’ve already done 6 x 24 hour periods so you’d need to start at 10:30 or later tomorrow so you can get a reduced weekly rest in (24 hours).

+1. I’ve always been under the impression that you cannot work seven days in a row regardless of how many hours you work. In fact I recall when working at ASDA Washington a driver getting sacked for doing it.

A driver can legally work over 7 calender days

A driver must have at least 24 hours off after a maximum of 144 hours from the last weekly rest

A driver could end a full weekly rest on monday at 0600 and start the next weekly rest the following sunday at 0600 then start the again at 0600 monday

Mechanic Dan:
Hi, I’m after some advice with my weekly rest really.
I had last weekend off, then worked 8:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
And 8:00 to 10:30 today. Mainly other work but the odd couple of hours driving.

The question is that I’m driving tommorow 6:00 to 15:00. Can I legally do this? And would I need a day off next week?

Thanks

No mate, you cannot legally start before 10:30 tomorrow.

A regular weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period must start no later than six 24 hour periods (144 hours) from the end of the last weekly rest period, as you had a regular weekly rest period last weekend you can legally have a reduced weekly rest period this weekend but it must be at-least 24 hours long.