Struggling with speed!

Evil8Beezle:

Juddian:
Do you know summat Evil, i don’t know if i’ve ever driven a trailer with this roll stability control auto braking you mention, and if i have unless i triggered it how would i know even it was fitted?

As for your lane departure system going off all the time, can’t you turn your hearing aid down mate? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheeky young git :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: hope you get the latest euro 6 Daf issued permableedinently next week so there :smiling_imp:

I’ll have you know me hearing is superb…in me left lug’ole that is, years of driving bloody old Gardners and the like with the drivers window wide open in summer has left me a bit mutton jeff in the other bugger…

Yep, you’re right though, time will tell…and thanks for the photo of the offending label, haven’t see one of those on ours yet.

edit, good point by Happysack re the dry fifth wheel, something often overlooked, helpfully relieved of all grease by CF’s mates who wipe it all up the front of the rubbing plate instead of letting it lube as it should :wink: note to newbies, if you haven’t encountered CF (carryfast) and his eccentric ways you have an experience to come :sunglasses: :laughing: …should note here among his rambling posts (worse than mine even) there are to be found gems of good sense too…just ignore his coupling and de-coupling proceedures from the days of steam :unamused:

We have 4 CF’s Euro 6’s at our place and thank God they haven’t been fettled with. You still get all the Daf eco crap but you can ignore it if you want, manual mode is available as well as auto without the eco. As a bonus they all do 58 according to my Sat-Nav. Only problems with them are that they have palm couplings, the 5th wheels are fixed so there isn’t much room to move on the catwalk and the steering is really heavy compared to the Scania’s we have.

Radar19:
We have 4 CF’s Euro 6’s at our place and thank God they haven’t been fettled with. You still get all the Daf eco crap but you can ignore it if you want, manual mode is available as well as auto without the eco. As a bonus they all do 58 according to my Sat-Nav. Only problems with them are that they have palm couplings, the 5th wheels are fixed so there isn’t much room to move on the catwalk and the steering is really heavy compared to the Scania’s we have.

Thats interesting Radar, our latest CF’s have A and M as well as eco ■■■■■■■■, but the system defualts to eco soon as it can, around a minute, and you have to select M to have any manual input on the gear at all, earlier euro 6 CF’s the gear mode selected stayed and it didn’t have the lane guidance rumbling it disapproval every few minutes.
As you say stupid steering weight for maneuvers, they might as well have geared it for manual steering and taken the bloody power off.
My verdict, crap…even the bloody seat gives me backache which no lorry i’ve driven over the past 40 years has managed, and thats going right back to orange box seat standard with steel springs and no rear dampers etc.
On the plus side, er, er, nope doesn’t compute :unamused:
Whats the betting i get issued with one, if that happens the big decision looms, stay or go seek another stable.

Best answers already given but if I may just slip a little one in…

Overtime your vehicle will feel smaller as your experience and confidence levels increase, beware of overconfidence and try not to feel pressured by other road users.

I’ve often tootled down an A road and been grateful to come across a slower vehicle so I can hang back (leaving a gap for faster traffic to pull into for overtakes) and slow down a bit to enjoy the scenery.

Providing your vehicle hasn’t got a suspension defect it sounds like your in the natural getting used to her phase, something I still experience with the wife, but I’ll hang on to her ears if she is going to fast.

You can always pull into a layby if you want to let traffic by but don’t feel pressured to do this, well unless your going 20mph, like this tractor I’m behind at the moment… Seriously 5 half empty laybys we have passed, right I’m going for it … :wink:

Drive to the conditions, dance like nobodies watching etc…etc…