Strippers at truckstops

I’m sure there used to be a pub in Langley called The Tiara that had some sort of this ‘gentleman’s entertainment’ back in the mid '80s…but being in my mid to late teens, I was advised to stay away…whatever!

Some of the Older lads on here might remember the Wellington Sheperds Bush, & the Red Lion Aldgate , girls in used to walk round with pint Glass when it was full would do their routine, some lovely looking girls.

The Wellington shepards bush… was she friendly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Daf Dave will be along soon to tell us about Slack Alice who used to strip in the Van Tromp, off Bethnal Green Road.
Which is why I preferred to go in the Green Gate which had better looking girls. :laughing:

Heres one then…who would tell their missus they frequent strip clubs?

My dad’s brother, my uncle Tony ran all the strippers in the mid to late 70s along the dock road in Liverpool, I loved it when he told his Judy, Cherry to flash her bobilyknockers at me when I was 14, I lived on that memory for a couple of years :laughing:

I have a funny stripper story:

Way back when… I was on a night out in Halifax, staying at some B&B with a bunch of lads on low loaders. We all walked into town to a pub that had a “good” free show. It was the usual thing; a comedian, a couple of singers and some dancers, with the grand finale being the strippers. From memory there were three of them; one getting on a bit, but the other two pretty decent. They didn’t strip completely.

One of the lads on the low loaders was a youth of about seventeen on his first trip away. He had more to drink than he should have, and was a bit annoying with a know-it-all attitude. Egged on by his ‘mates’ he was convinced that one of the girls had taken a shine to him and the girl played along. Afterwards, we went round the back and showed him the way to the back room they were using as a dressing room. We had walked a couple of hundred yards up the road before he came running up, mad as hell and wanting to fight everyone.

You may have guessed that the stripper he fancied was not a girl at all - his mates all knew and had just done it to put him down.

AndrewG:
Heres one then…who would tell their missus they frequent strip clubs?

My missus is fine with it, daughter works at Rhinos so often find myself there with the lads.
Not allowed a lappy off her though as it’s a bit awkward.

Great when we have a house party and me daughters mates come round from the club, loads of laughs and they earn a few quid to boot. I take 10% of dance income but none from any ‘extras’.

Santa:
I have a funny stripper story:

Way back when… I was on a night out in Halifax, staying at some B&B with a bunch of lads on low loaders. We all walked into town to a pub that had a “good” free show. It was the usual thing; a comedian, a couple of singers and some dancers, with the grand finale being the strippers. From memory there were three of them; one getting on a bit, but the other two pretty decent. They didn’t strip completely.

One of the lads on the low loaders was a youth of about seventeen on his first trip away. He had more to drink than he should have, and was a bit annoying with a know-it-all attitude. Egged on by his ‘mates’ he was convinced that one of the girls had taken a shine to him and the girl played along. Afterwards, we went round the back and showed him the way to the back room they were using as a dressing room. We had walked a couple of hundred yards up the road before he came running up, mad as hell and wanting to fight everyone.

You may have guessed that the stripper he fancied was not a girl at all - his mates all knew and had just done it to put him down.

Allways trust Santa to deliver.
Pure class fella.

Saw a live show at a truckstop near Dartford.Place was packed out,lot of money spent on beer by the punters.Are there any other truckstops that offer this service for drivers.Or was that just a one off.

tuesdays and thursdays. at liverpool docks.

Dirtyyyyyyyy Gits. :laughing:

Suprised its no banned as sexist given all the Lady Truckers out there now.

Women have raunchy hen nights and visit male stripping venues,so that seems fair.As Harold says to Steptoe,you dirty old man.

you would have been at the Circus Tavern in Purfleet, Truckworld in Thurrock used to have them before they closed down, not sure if the new Titan truckstop has them.

the Waggon and Horses in Flamstead (A5 Watling Street, Junction 9 M1) has them every night (i believe), but you pay to get in the pub for the priveledge.

don’t know about any others

shuttlespanker:
you would have been at the Circus Tavern in Purfleet, Truckworld in Thurrock used to have them before they closed down, not sure if the new Titan truckstop has them.

the Waggon and Horses in Flamstead (A5 Watling Street, Junction 9 M1) has them every night (i believe), but you pay to get in the pub for the priveledge.

I’m sure when I drove past the waggon and horses yesterday there was a sign up saying dancers start at 1pm, surely that cant be right??

Seen the Wagon and Horses on Toughest Pubs in Britain.

Found the video starts at 1.25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBIwlE_9Ws :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

aranger:
Dirtyyyyyyyy Gits. :laughing:

Suprised its no banned as sexist given all the Lady Truckers out there now.

and there was me going to suggest it to them as a bit of pocket money. for after the show anyway when they have pockets :laughing:

They used to have them at J29(Chesterfield) on Thursday nights . . . . going back a bit though :confused:
Not so much a truckstop but i remember going to a pub not far from the NCP lorry park , south side of Vauxhall bridge and they had strippers on. . ." didnt float my boat" :blush:

Truckworld at Thurrock enough said !!! :smiley: :astonished: :blush:

shuttlespanker:

You forgot to mention the Watling Street A5 hags also want a pound off every driver before they go into their “act”, every time. Don’t pay don’t stay is managements attitude. Works out at about £11 a pint unless you down a pint in less than five minuets every five minuets.
The place is the pits and I’ve never seen such a dump.
Biggest rip off I’ve ever known. Stayed long enough to down my pint and was out the door.