Strensham serv S.bound

Pulled in there the other day, what a complete cluster ■■■■ they have made of the truck park. They have also stopped you parking around the back of the services, some of the spaces are a bit tight to get out of I bet a few mirrors go there. Also the spaces are marked out at all angles, some you back in some you drive in. Designed by somebody who neither cares nor knows anything about truck parking.

Did you see the amount of other vehicles that come in then stop or don’t follow the road markings ?

I stop there for a 45 on the way to Cardiff, its not that bad now but wait till Summer time when all the wobble box nutters get there!

I just hope they don’t decide to make a similar balls up of the N.bound side. Handy for pulling beside the door and nipping in for a Maccy D latte :smiley:

I went in a few months back and couldn’t believe how they changed it from being tonnes of ample easy parking into a squeeze half the size for absolutely no reason what so ever. Well there is obviously a reason, they don’t want trucks in!! - it wouldn’t be so bad if the bays were easy to get out of but theyve designed it so anyone parking too far forwards is just asking to be tee-boned or trailer swung.

Still charging £26 to overnight? robbing ■■■■■■■■■

robroy:
I just hope they don’t decide to make a similar balls up of the N.bound side. Handy for pulling beside the door and nipping in for a Maccy D latte :smiley:

I go in the garage north bound for a subway :sunglasses:
The parking should work but it’s normally ■■■■■■ up by those who can’t park properly and are all right jack :unamused: :unamused:

Only stop there now, if at all, on a Sat morn for a 15 min McD’s coffee fix, and thats been once only since the new layout went in, Greggs at Ross on Wye BP do better coffee anyway.

The time we’d be going in would about 6 to 6.30am and not a hope in hells chance i’m going to risk coming back with coffee to find the mirrors ripped off, front corner stoved in or a gouge out the side of the tank.
Even the new coach park looks like its going to be a swine when the summer busy period gets going.

ajt:
I went in a few months back and couldn’t believe how they changed it from being tonnes of ample easy parking into a squeeze half the size for absolutely no reason what so ever. Well there is obviously a reason, they don’t want trucks in!! - it wouldn’t be so bad if the bays were easy to get out of but theyve designed it so anyone parking too far forwards is just asking to be tee-boned or trailer swung.

Still charging £26 to overnight? robbing [zb].

You surely don’t pay that much for parking do you? :open_mouth:
We get parking re.imbursed, but I don’t park on those ■■■■ holes on principle anyway, can’t really understwnd anybody who does tbh.

robroy:

North bound is great for parking as there’s loads of room and can’t see them altering it as its still relatively new in comparison. Not ventured into the south bound side since they started the work but you’ve only got to see the wagons parked on the hard shoulder outside to realise it must be a mess.

Strensham is £29 per night with a £10 meal voucher,stop there with the fridge running if I can park in the area next to the recovery service, agree
the re-arranged parking is a disaster and rarely see a coach in their massive coach parking area,shows the contempt they have for their daily visitors,us.

Don’t bother trying to get in the parking bays just park in the abnormal bay with the rest of them.

I had the pleasure of delivering the plant to this for the last 9 months as said before wait till the caravans come out . Iv had my truck in every spot on that park don’t half get some looks driving the rig the wrong way down the car park . Last summer they shut down the truck park and what was left got took up my caravans there was lorries littering the hard shoulder all the way down to the slip road island caravan owners have no idea of sensible parking

bald bloke:

robroy:

North bound is great for parking as there’s loads of room and can’t see them altering it as its still relatively new in comparison. Not ventured into the south bound side since they started the work but you’ve only got to see the wagons parked on the hard shoulder outside to realise it must be a mess.

We haven’t done a big delivery to the northbound yet but if I remember the park surface there is awful so I’d guess we will be moving kit there at the start of spring .

One of our lads had a chunk took out of his n/s door when a rigid caught it with his rear bumper pulling out and never stopped. It’s a ■■■■■■■ complete and utter balls up of a job and whoever did the plans for the new set up wants their knackers doused in acid.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
One of our lads had a chunk took out of his n/s door when a rigid caught it with his rear bumper pulling out and never stopped. It’s a [zb] complete and utter balls up of a job and whoever did the plans for the new set up wants their knackers doused in acid.

You won’t be parking there for a break on your way to Cornwall on Sunday then !

bald bloke:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
One of our lads had a chunk took out of his n/s door when a rigid caught it with his rear bumper pulling out and never stopped. It’s a [zb] complete and utter balls up of a job and whoever did the plans for the new set up wants their knackers doused in acid.

No mate Gloucester services for me and possibly a trip to the butchers whilst I’m there :wink:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

bald bloke:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

No mate Gloucester services for me and possibly a trip to the butchers whilst I’m there :wink:

Take plenty of money in with you.

robroy:

ajt:

Still charging £26 to overnight? robbing [zb].

You surely don’t pay that much for parking do you? :open_mouth:
We get parking re.imbursed, but I don’t park on those [zb] holes on principle anyway, can’t really understwnd anybody who does tbh.

No chance. Only parked there as it was a last resort. We get parking paid but always use industrial estates unless it’s a high value load

Completely agree they’ve made a complete arse of it! Only stop there as a last resort now, I use Gloucester instead when I can.

NB I use for the showers though, wonder when they’ll ■■■■ that up for us…