Street & road scenes

gazsa401:

Great set of photos Gazsa

Kempston:

gazsa401:

Great set of photos Gazsa

Don’t fancy the chances of that scaffolding tube not snapping under the weight of the engine or at least the weight of the cylinder head!

David

Buzzer

Nice photo of the Parrot nosed Dodges Buzzer.My late dad and uncle started out with one each on the “Outcrop” obviously they were short wheel based tippers. Ran six days a week repairing them on a Sunday, happy day’s!!

Gorse Hill Swindon

Buzzer

Hi all,
Great subject for a thread. We spent a few days in Liverpool recently.The punchard Renault had just delivered to the Everton stadium project. A Ronnie S. Evans Scania parked amongst dozens of others from all over the country on Regent Road.Some lorries have parked there over the decades!

Buzzer

Buzzer

On a German motorway in the late '50s. Couldn’t the first car on the left be British?

Froggy55:
On a German motorway in the late '50s. Couldn’t the first car on the left be British?

Left to right, beetle, MG ZA or ZB , beetle, beetle!

“On a German motorway in the late '50s. Couldn’t the first car on the left be British?”
and a Bussing truck following.
Oily

oiltreader:
“On a German motorway in the late '50s. Couldn’t the first car on the left be British?”
and a Bussing truck following.
Oily

Could be the M1 Oily :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Buzzer

As a matter of interest, are there any ex National Servicemen from the sixties who remembers stopping at The Windmill on the A2 autobahn in West Germany. I.I.R.C. it was somewhere between Dortmund and Gutersloh. :slight_smile:

The Windmill Cafe, West Germany..jpg

fodenway:

Froggy55:

Left to right, beetle, MG ZA or ZB , beetle, beetle!

Thanks!

Buzzer

1939 wheat harvest trucks queue for silo at Parkes NSW.

Buzzer