Street & road scenes

Eddie Heaton:
One thing that has mystified me for some time is the fact that the 9 yard drums and donkey engines appear to be mounted on some kind of elevating platform . Maybe there are one or two mixer drivers out there who are able to illuminate me as to what’s going on there ?

Looks unusual but I would guess it is built on a tipping type frame to empty the drum fully & possibly quicker.

A few pics from old Manchester.

MOSLEY STREET FROM PICCADILLY.

LOWER MOSLEY STREET BUS STATION.

Eddie Heaton:
I wonder if the guy attempting to execute the interesting overtaking manoeuvre on Woodhead still moves among us ?

TBF you do get a good look up as you approach that bend, but you got to get your arse in gear & be empty [IMO] :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

Eddie Heaton:
I wonder if the guy attempting to execute the interesting overtaking manoeuvre on Woodhead still moves among us ?

TBF you do get a good look up as you approach that bend, but you got to get your arse in gear & be empty [IMO] :wink:

That doesn’t mitigate crossing double lines.

Star down under.:

Stanley Mitchell:

Eddie Heaton:

That doesn’t mitigate crossing double lines.

True, and I would`nt do it myself, but you get my drift :wink:

Buzzer

Buzzer

323428819_559560445793581_6738740537646386934_n.jpg

One of our Seddon Pennine (Seddon Passenger chassis) this one with pantechnicon body by Marsden of Warrington. Someone might reconise location with the bus

Carl Williams:
One of our Seddon Pennine (Seddon Passenger chassis) this one with pantechnicon body by Marsden of Warrington. Someone might reconise location with the bus

Hi Carl, The bus has a Brighton Reg 63 Ish. Larry.

Those oil seals on Gill Brewer’s Hiab need looking at .

Angel Row Nottingham

Carl Williams:

I think that’s just outside the Southdown bus garage in the centre of Eastbourne, Carl. There’s an Eastbourne Corporation PD2 lurking behind the van. :wink:

1 Like

No confusion where this was taken. As there are two of them with the van I can only assume it was a removal on board. I know people move to live everywhere and I remember when I was about 8 year old going with one of our vans moving a new land lord into Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub in England but I can’t remember a Removal to John O’Groats

Middle Pavement Nottingham

Ellesmere Port. 1994.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

[ somewhere in Lincolnshire ]

Horncastle ?

Eddie Heaton:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

[ somewhere in Lincolnshire ]

Horncastle ?

:smiley: yes think you nailed it, Buzzer

An easy one, the notorious Stairfoot crossroads near Barnsley long before the coming of the infamous Stairfoot roundabout. The India Tyres bridge carried the ex-Great Central line, while the higher bridge carried the Midland Railway’s “Chapeltown Loop” line over Stairfoot Station throat, two major roads, and a further two railway lines hidden from view just behind the bridge. These were the ex-Hull and Barnsley/West Riding Joint lines to Hull Alexandra dock. There had been several very nasty accidents here, even though the junction was traffic light controlled in later years. The smoking chimney to the right of the bridges was the Black Bull Inn, only recently demolished. Of the four original bridges, only the India Tyres one remains, rail-less but taking the Trans-Pennine Trail over the busy junction.

Buzzer

321447873_708917774213577_6930372029768398958_n.jpg

Carl Williams:
No confusion where this was taken. As there are two of them with the van I can only assume it was a removal on board. I know people move to live everywhere and I remember when I was about 8 year old going with one of our vans moving a new land lord into Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub in England but I can’t remember a Removal to John O’Groats

Looks a couple of hippies hitching a lift