Street parking overnight

Personally I wouln’t bother with the sidelights as long as you are facing ‘the right way’, especially as it’s all ready well lit with street-lighting - though as others have said I think legally you need them.

Other than that, as long as you have a valid tax disc in the window there is nothing much anyone can do to stop you parking there overnight.

i would just park there with no lights on even though the law requires them. i often park on the main roads through ind ests with no lights and always facing the wrong way. i do this so my lorry will always start and my diesal tank is on my passenger side so my train of thought is my diesal is less likley to get stolan if the tank is in full view. years ago i would always park in a small side road but in these times i feel it is safer to park where people are going parst

Amazes me how so many of you so called professional drivers are so lacking in knowledge of some of the most basic rules relevant to your vehicles and/or choose to ignore them. Nice example you set.

How many know its illegal to park an HGV with wheels on the pavement? Thought so!

Driveroneuk:
Amazes me how so many of you so called professional drivers are so lacking in knowledge of some of the most basic rules relevant to your vehicles and/or choose to ignore them. Nice example you set.

How many know its illegal to park an HGV with wheels on the pavement? Thought so!

looks like we need some sort of regular training , perhaps we could call it a DCPC :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Driveroneuk:

Some years ago, queueing for a regular night mail tip in South London, we parked in a narrow road with wheels on pavement to allow room for other vehicles to pass. One night a warden ticketed us all. After that we just parked in the road, legally, blocking it, and caused chaos in the area.

The law is an ■■■, and those who administer it without common sense, ■■■ holes.

Tone

Did I spot you on the m25 junction24 at about half nine this morning fella?

Denis F:

Driveroneuk:

looks like we need some sort of regular training , perhaps we could call it a DCPC :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’s a travesty!

There is a road in Luton near Vauxhall’s where trucks park for the night which is nice and wide wide and I have in the past parked there. Some trucks park with wheels on the pavement and some not and it is not unusual to go past in the morning and see all the trucks with the wheels on the pavement sporting tickets on the windscreen while those parked completely on the road have no ticket.

Driveroneuk:

What pavement… all I see is snow lol :laughing:

Hiya …i think if you was going to have any problem it would be the people in the houses who would ring the police
as the very nice lady made a cuppa for you things was going to be OK.
now tell us did you get away with the parking■■? we all hope so.
John

canaldrifter:

Driveroneuk:

Some years ago, queueing for a regular night mail tip in South London, we parked in a narrow road with wheels on pavement to allow room for other vehicles to pass. One night a warden ticketed us all. After that we just parked in the road, legally, blocking it, and caused chaos in the area.

The law is an ■■■, and those who administer it without common sense, ■■■ holes.

Tone

The problem is though that the pavement are often not constructed to hold a weight of heavy vehicle.

But I have to agree with you, that law is ■■■ and those who administer it lack of common sense. If you try it in Poland, you will be fined for parking on the pavement if you do so, and for blocking the road if you do so. That simple now :slight_smile:

Hiya …when you drive on the kerbrace the kerbs flex and the top edges splinter off they look a mess and they
should be replaced. when they lay kerds they use a dry mix concrete so they just sit level. They,re not concreted in.
I,ve carried milloins of them in the 70/80s and if you just touched a kerb while the layers was there wow did you get
a bo…g as they needed to be reset. the old yorkstone kerbs you could drive on no problem.
John

I thought it was 30 cwt and you needed a full set of parking lights, that means both sides. I remeber owning a German car, Audi and Golf which had one parking light if you left the applicable indicator on when the ignition was off.

As for parking on pavements, my missus has just gone arse over ■■■■ on a broken footpath and broke her high heels :cry: . She is moaning about her shoulder hurting but that won’t cost me anything to fix! :wink: