Strap aid may be of interest

strap.pngAs they say on Game of Thrones… Winter’s coming!

The Conditions
• It’s windy, its wet and you or your driver is strapping up a load
The Problem
• You hook the ■■■■■■■■ the side rave, throw it over the load, walk round, pull the other end to feed it through the ratchet and… ARRRRRGGGGHHH!
• You know the strap’s hook has dropped off the side rave and so The Benny Hill sketch starts…
• Going back and forth from one side of the trailer to the other to put the strap back on the side rave and back round again
• The race against gravity!
The Solution!
• The RATCHET STRAP MAGNET

The How
• The solution clicks easily onto your existing ratchet strap hooks
• The magnet then holds the strap hook to the steel side rave
• The other end of the strap is waiting to be inserted into the ratchet - No more “Benny Hill” time wasting
• Strap frayed? Use a screwdriver to remove the Magnet and put it on the new strap
The Real Cost of the Problem
• Lost revenue £100-300 per day - that extra 10-15 minutes on each load has resulted in a missed delivery or missed collection.
• Lost driving hours
• Unnecessary extra driver wages when loading
The Price
• This time and cost saving solution which can actually assist to increase your turnover is available for only £2.50 per magnet + VAT + p&p
• The payback period could be the first day!
How to Order
• For current subcontractors, please email your order to +++and we will supply you these amazing magnets on account (40-45 days EOM - to be contra’d)
• For all other orders we can raise a proforma invoice, a paypal invoice or finally you can pay with cash (receipt will be issued) and collect from either our Carlisle or Enfield depots.
START SAVING ON DRIVER WAGES AND EARN MORE VEHICLE REVENUE!

Was sent this today, might be of use to someone… nothing to do with me by the way ( I have took the company details out, so it should pass the mods)…

Snake oil solution to a non problem.

Good idea
But if I need to I generally ask fork lift driver or someone to hold it there while I ratchet it tight.
And 9 times our of 10 they oblige

I’ve never seen them before but there seems to be different types of magnets for straps.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiW6PjVp2MA

youtube.com/watch?v=bhNQPCdPO1g

■■■■ that two internals on the back pallets, be right.

In all seriousness I am sure I either watched or spoke to or possibly even read on here a couple of years ago somebody coming up with this idea, looks like someone was listening

I’ve come across strap ons before but don’t think they used magnets :open_mouth:

Beau Nydel:
I’ve come across strap ons before but don’t think they used magnets :open_mouth:

Did you know ‘■■■■■■■■’ is ‘no parts’ spelt backwards?

We’ve checked cctv on the roads and you’re seen to be driving none-stop for 8hrs…and would you care to explain the magnet stuck to your gearbox?

“oh that’s just my strap aid, I keep it there so it doesn’t get lost” :laughing:

Strap? :open_mouth:

I just use my XL rated curtains :wink:

toonsy:

And I hope, the doors have the appropriate seal on as per Chesters recommendation.

biggriffin:

toonsy:

And I hope, the doors have the appropriate seal on as per Chesters recommendation.

Of course not. So I open the door, inspect that theres stuff in there, then close it again and let gravity do its stuff. Sometimes it’s even three right stuff on the trailer.

Keep hold of the hook and chuck the ratchet over

the nodding donkey:
Snake oil solution to a non problem.

Exactly what I thought…

This product was designed and patented by a friend of mine from Exeter. A nice young family man by the name of Dan Harrison. He’s a good kid, we worked together for TPN at Exeter. When loading in a windy old warehouse. You can see the benefit of his idea. Give him a break!

bigvern1:
This product was designed and patented by a friend of mine from Exeter. A nice young family man by the name of Dan Harrison. He’s a good kid, we worked together for TPN at Exeter. When loading in a windy old warehouse. You can see the benefit of his idea. Give him a break!

Have the mods cleared this blatant advertising?

Besides, these type of hooks should not be used on the eaves, but on the chassis or dedicated flashing points on the deck.

And if your driver is losing that much revenue because he’s struggling to strap a load down, you need to look at the driver’s skills, not a gadget.

the nodding donkey:

bigvern1:

Have the mods cleared this blatant advertising?

Besides, these type of hooks should not be used on the eaves, but on the chassis or dedicated flashing points on the deck.

And if your driver is losing that much revenue because he’s struggling to strap a load down, you need to look at the driver’s skills, not a gadget.

I’ve left it because it doesnt include the name of the company and dark side is a regular poster.

If you think that’s wrong, drop diesel dave a PM and as chief mod, he can have the final say.

Looks like one of them ads/ handy hints from Viz.

Good idea. Tell him to remove the £300 per day lost revenue from the advertising blurb for missing a load though as it sounds ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I have the problem of getting the hook to stay in place (not often, but it does happen) I put the ratchet on the free end of the strap and let it dangle loose as a weight, then pull the hook down to the attachment point and the weight of the ratchet keeps enough tension on the strap to hold the hook in place.

WhiteTruckMan:
When I have the problem of getting the hook to stay in place (not often, but it does happen) I put the ratchet on the free end of the strap and let it dangle loose as a weight, then pull the hook down to the attachment point and the weight of the ratchet keeps enough tension on the strap to hold the hook in place.

Exactly what i do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk