Stranraer parking

does anyone know if you can park within stranraer docks?

got a mate going up there tomorrow to drop a trailer off and he might run out of driving time there (or near abouts) and he was asking about parking up that way, we know there are loads of laybys up that way but a lorry park or secure parking would be better.

any help appreciated

tell him to drop his trailer in the dock. then when he comes out, turn right. then go off the roundabout at about 2o’clock… no problems around there.

As Limey says come out, turn right, straight through 1st roundabout and park opposite teh Tesco (Ulsterbus Carpark) or if thats busy keep going straight still about 100 yds and take a right into the next roundabout into a HUGE car park called the OLD STENALINE car park, but BOY RACERS are in and out of there… Failing that when hes dropped the trailer he can park inside teh docks up beside all the manfreight units or beside the big floodlights but you’ll have cars and lorries roaring about all night and if he wants to leave the port to go to shops etc you need passes etc etc… Or another option is drop trailer, back out the gate and theres a few units usually kicking around just outside and/or beside the weighbridge… Plenty of options, depending on the time hes up Tescos, Morrisons, pizza shops etc are all open…

you can get battered mars bar up there.

thanks gents,

i’ll let him know

if he is solo go right as the others say past the car park then he will see a pier jetty oppsite pub with clock above it drive up too top spin round ,be carefull not too hit reverse !!! then park along wall parralel too fishing boats ,done it many times in 18 tonner all weekend ,failing that turn left take the a 70 i think too ayr loads of laybys towards cairn boat docks

hold my hand.
[zb]

scania245:
hold my hand.
[zb]

WTF is that meant to mean?

scania245:
hold my hand.
[zb]

are you still here then? why dont you ban yourself and save rikki a job? pathetic :unamused: