Strange ???

Ok … explain this to me please ?
Every time I stop at Ulster service area on I-87 south in NY and turn my truck off for a kip or food etc, when I start it up again the cruise control will not work. If I park there and leave the engine running, for any amount of time it’s ok, but turning it off every time stops it working, if I then drive down the road for about 5 miles, stop on the shoulder, turn off and reset the the thing by turning the engine off and on again it all works fine.
This only happens at the service area and no other ?
:confused:

There’s a special ‘Cruise Control Switcher Offer’ as you drive into the truckstop.

Most Americans believe that their vehicle actually only work on cruise control, so the can concentrate on eating their Burgers without the added extra effort of pressing the accelerator pedal (uses about 50 calories a day)

So- if they immobilise the cruise controls-all the Yanks think that they have broken down, so call out the local Redneck Mechanic (Hillbillys in Deliverance comes to mind, Squeel Piggy/Ned Beatty, Squeel :cry: ) & while they are waiting, Burgers are offered round at an extortionate price. :smiley:

it’s not like the old Volvo FH issue is it? where the brake and or clutch pedel sensor would stick? try tapping them both or hooking your toes under them and giving them a tug to see if that works…might help

Spacemonkeypg:
it’s not like the old Volvo FH issue is it? where the brake and or clutch pedel sensor would stick? try tapping them both or hooking your toes under them and giving them a tug to see if that works…might help

Thanks … and that would be good advice if it also happened in other locations but travelling all over the North eastern USA, but it is only at that location. I do actually use the brakes in other places :laughing:

My truck does the same thing, if the cruies does’nt work after you’ve set off again tapping the brake should rest it. (if you do this in Massachusetts DO NOT pull into a rest area :blush: :wink: :wink: )

Charles

remy:
My truck does the same thing, if the cruies does’nt work after you’ve set off again tapping the brake should rest it. (if you do this in Massachusetts DO NOT pull into a rest area :blush: :wink: :wink: )

Charles

But Charlie ! … It only happens in one rest area on I-87 southbound, it has nothing to do with the brakes.

Pat Hasler:

remy:

Charles

But Charlie ! … It only happens in one rest area on I-87 southbound, it has nothing to do with the brakes.[/quote
If you turn the cruise on but it won’t ‘set’ when you hit the button then just give the brake pedal a gentle tap and it will work, i kow it will cos’ it’s magic :smiley:
Besides, that’s what the computor wants you to do and it’s what i want you to do :sunglasses:

Charles

My former 2010 Cascadia used to do the thing Remy is talking about where you have to brake to get it to work again but my current 2009 one always works fine. Perhaps some kind of electronical interference? Didn’t you say that your sensor thingymajig that automatically applies your brakes if some Masshole pulls in too close activates the same idiots radar detector? Maybe there’s some kind of interference at that rest area, I don’t know, a small power substation or the like. It has to be something at the place causing it if its only ever happening there.

My truck IS a 2010 Cascadia Robin but no radar though :smiley:

Charles

remy:
My truck IS a 2010 Cascadia Robin but no radar though :smiley:

Charles

Personally I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have cruise control blockers every so often, if for no other reason but to ■■■■ up the idiots in cars who overtake (and I use that word very lightly) while doing 0.01mph faster than a heavily laden truck, in their 140mph car…usually when there’s a Werner, Swift or Schneider 4 miles ahead that you inevitably get boxed in behind because the before mentioned prick is still hovering there with 40 cars waiting behind, all of whom will then overtake the slow coach by a mere 0.01mph themselves after 5 minutes of tailgating and swerving makes the car at the front finally pull over (and usually slow down in front of the truck its taken 5 minutes to pass!)

Rant over…you can tell I’ve driven in CT and MA today.