Strange theft...and parking choices

Was at Woodall Services (Southbound M1) this morning at about 06:00 and a foreign (didn’t get the country) curtainsider had been broken into.

8 Large cases of Brandy and several ‘pallets’ of paracetamol.

Now I was just sitting having my cup of tea while I heard the copper call all this in back to base (or wherever) and it struck me as very strange that they would take paracetamol. I mean it only sells for 6p a pack at Morrisons, which is genuinely nothing these days even if you’re dirt poor, why go through all that bother of taking it if it has no value?
My only thought is the thief had a headache or wanted to top himself!

I went and had a wander to look at the broken in trailer, driver wasn’t about so couldn’t have a chat, ask him if he was alright etc. but I wasn’t surprised it was him that got broken into.

As a lot of you will no doubt know, at Woodall the truck park is just a large carpark at either side of the exit road for cars, just before the fuel station. This truck had his rear parked up to the road and was well packed in with other vehicles either side, all facing the same way, on the opposite side of the road all the other trucks were positioned similarly. Obviously to keep the cabs away from the road to try and get the best kip.

The van/whatever that took the goods had obviously parked behind it, at the side of the road (which wouldn’t look suspicious) cut all the cords and opened the back folding down door (one of those pickup style ones) He was obviously in a hurry as the back was left a right mess.

If you’re carrying alcohol, and care about the safety of the load (I know many don’t, and many more argue its not our job to care about its security) then wouldn’t you park, in this situation, with your rear doors as near as many other cabs as possible?

Strangely enough though, the copper said that no other drivers had reported slashed curtains or break ins, so perhaps someone knew what this company was carrying? Or other drivers hadn’t checked that well.

Remember to keep safe out there guys n galls, and have a good walkround in the morning!

Alex

Anything gets nicked,take it first then worry about how you are going to get rid off it,it costs nothing so if you have to throw it away you have lost nothing.That is how their minds work.What you have to remember is that there is always someone watching you,waiting for you to drop your guard.A sloppy driver who leaves his truck open when he’s inside a building is asking for trouble.People follow you around ,you might not get done on that drop but if you carry on with slack security then you’ll get done somewhere.

Pills can be crushed and floged of as coke to some ■■■■ heads 6p a pack just went up two £20 a pack. :laughing:
And only 8 cases of brandy ? He will need it sitting there crushing all those pills. :laughing: :laughing:

I know someone who had a new fridge freezer delivered and needed to get rid of the old one that was still perfectly useable. Each day he put it at the end of his drive with a big sign saying ‘Free, please take it if you can make use of it’. It stayed there for 4 days untouched.Then he took the sign away and it got nicked within 2 hours!!!

People will steal the strangest of things.

tony66:
Pills can be crushed and floged of as coke to some ■■■■ heads 6p a pack just went up two £20 a pack. :laughing:
And only 8 cases of brandy ? He will need it sitting there crushing all those pills. :laughing: :laughing:

so someone else was thinking exactly the same as me.

are we criminal masterminds or just unemployed drug dealers?

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■, we should have metal strips in the curtains and wire the trailers up to 440v and as soon as they touch the curtain/strip with the knife ‘bang’ and a flash of light and one frazzled ■■■■■ already ‘boil in the bag’d’ ready for the rozzers to pick up whee they put thier coffee & donuts down…

urm… now wheres that post about inventions :laughing: :laughing:

Last night at Toddington services,an Itailian truck lost 20 boxes of bath mixer taps.28 taps per box.These were destined for B&Q.
All trucks that get done at Toddy park facing the services with the rears facing the field and all on Northbound.

Giblsa:

tony66:

so someone else was thinking exactly the same as me.

are we criminal masterminds or just unemployed drug dealers?

[zb] ■■■■■■, we should have metal strips in the curtains and wire the trailers up to 440v and as soon as they touch the curtain/strip with the knife ‘bang’ and a flash of light and one frazzled ■■■■■ already ‘boil in the bag’d’ ready for the rozzers to pick up whee they put thier coffee & donuts down…

Cant do that mate, might infringe on the ■■■■■■ human rights !! :laughing:

extrucker:
Last night at Toddington services,an Itailian truck lost 20 boxes of bath mixer taps.28 taps per box.These were destined for B&Q.
All trucks that get done at Toddy park facing the services with the rears facing the field and all on Northbound.

B+Q QUALITY TAPS ,NOT WORTH NICKING
imo

as soon as i stop getting paid i stop working .i park in truckstops not mss so if anyone wants to have a go at my load, let em,not my problem im off duty.
for £17 a night im not intrested ,and i wont interfere, ive done my bit by parking in a “safe” area .if my boss wants a security guard he can pay for one

I was parked in Junc 29 Truckstop last night, place was heaving, woke up this morning to find that some Banker (Change B for a W) had cut my dogclip off!! :imp:

Just a wel I do a check in the morning, and just as well the moter had a spare clip in…

There really are some tossers in out proffesion.

mezzzz1211:

extrucker:

imo

they are quite heavy so good for throwing at cats that are in the garden fighting at night though :laughing: :laughing:

It is no worse than anywhere else but there has been a few reports around the area.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49038&p=560523&hilit=stockfold#p560523

Paracetamols will probably be a on a car boot sale this weekend, Brandy will be offered round the pubs

Giblsa:

mezzzz1211:

extrucker:

imo

they are quite heavy so good for throwing at cats that are in the garden fighting at night though :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

I remember getting the curtains slashed at stibbington diner A1 several years ago, and that happened in the 30 mins between 0610-0640 whilst i was filling my face.still dark at that time in the winter. now no will convince me that that wasnt one of my fellow profesionals. as luck would have it mr stanley couldnt read german or got disturbed, cos nothing was gone. still flaming well anoying though(and not a zb in sight) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
so it dont matter which way round you have your trailer some chancer may be tempted :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: