Strange sightings

Hallblade has started a post about the “Most Interesting Places” u’ve seen whilst driving…………so I’d thought I’d extend that to the “Weirdest Thing U’ve Seen Whilst Driving■■?”

Mine…….
Along the M4 somewhere near Cardiff way……heading east bound towards Newport…………there is a field….on your passenger side…and in the middle of it…….completely on it’s own….is a tree painted……bright red for the branches and Sky blue for the trunk……………Why■■?..………….■■■■ Knows…arty…■■■■■…bloody students no doubt

Racing around some country lanes near Gloucester in a 7.5t…….when I flew around this corner only to be met by some cows….floating in the air whilst having lunch………how I didn’t crash the vehicle is a mystery to this day……….but it took me a while to realise that they were standing on a bank to which when the sun hit it….the reflection…made it look like nothing was there…….scary moment

Third and final strange observation……….something u could all observe………if u go down the M50 then along the A40 towards Mammoth direction………u will notice the sheep at the top end……where the countryside is just basic……look rough and rouged…….working class type……but as u get further down……into the nicer more snottier middle class country side………the sheep down there……look a lot healthier and middle class looking…….
Now u may think I’m talking ■■■■■■■■■■ have a look for yourself………arrrhhhh harrrr….trust me……

PS: is that big wheel made completely out of hay…near crewe in some field…still there■■?

Working class and middle class sheep!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

working class sheep are owned by proper farmers
middle class sheep are owned by ex city types hobby farmers

hitch:
working class sheep are owned by proper farmers
middle class sheep are owned by ex city types hobby farmers

now leave the ex city hobby farmers alone - they’ll pay a lot more for haulage than the ordinary farmers ( they don’t know that though!) :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

anyway, I thought middle class sheep will only put their back legs in green wellies but working class sheep don’t mind what colour the wellies are

:laughing:

gardun is the expert, he’ll be along in a minute :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry - couldn’t find my wellies!
Wales is a classless society - a sheep is a sheep :laughing: You just don’t want an ugly one :smiley:

I’m off down the A40 towards Monmouth in half and hour - I’ll have to look out for the middle-class sheep.

One of the strnagest places I’ve dleivere dto was back in the earlu eighties. We had a few out of the way drops for the M.o.D. back then, a lot of the gear was classified. It was light van work, and often there would be myself and another driver. We covered vast mileages that way like Manchester - Faslane -Edinburgh -Ipswich in one day, and no, I’m not joking. All good fun but the money was not great, only the hours made it up. RAF drivers had been taking three days to cover the same route. This was Thatcher’s day remember, she was all for privitisation, and some of it worked!

Anyway I delivered to an early warning station on the north-east coast of Scotland, near RAF Buchan. Loads of cars on the car park but on the surface just a couple of small huts , one with all the car keys hung up. Only two blokes to be seen. ‘Where is everybody?’ I asked, only to be told there were a couple of hundred people working deep underground. This was still the days of the cold war, in fact our skirmish in the Falklands had just kicked off. I went to a few other similar places all on the eastern side of the mainland obviously geared up for incoming Russian missiles.

I sometimes wonder in what direction they are looking for today’s threat.

fox

there is a roundabout with fake sheep on it between midsomer norton and shepton and as the seasons change so do their outfits eg christmas - they all wear santa hats -makes me laugh every time I go past

Your talking about Snugbury’s on the A51 just north of Nantwich (Burford lights). This year it’s a space rocket (must be 60 ft tall at least). Last year it was the Angel of the North (West) — a copy of the Tyneside sculpture.

He’s a local farmer who started an ice cream business off his herd of Jersey cows and each year builds something weird out of straw. There’s usually a sign or two on the roadside. This year it’s about Sputniks and “No Russin’ Past” (get it??) and “Cone testing”!!
:laughing:

my strangest sighting was…

driving along talking to my mum on the mobby whislt overtaking a handbury davis who was knocking one out.

thats why they are called HANDbury davis. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Anyone heading down the west country, look out for the “Bridgewater Camel” and the little baby camel on the M5. Apparantly a left over from one of the carnivals

neil1024:
Your talking about Snugbury’s on the A51 just north of Nantwich (Burford lights). This year it’s a space rocket (must be 60 ft tall at least).

I saw that on Saturday on my way down from Holyhead. Impressive looking structure and it wouldn’t take much for a few people to turn it into something a little more phallic one night. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Imagine the looks on peoples faces when they are confronted by a 60 foot … erm…err… ‘member’ :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Try the A70 from Carnwath To Edinburgh. Just past the Kirknewton turnoff is the ‘Shoe Tree’. A tree with loads of shoes tied on to it and, a little bizarrely, a hairdressers dummy head :confused:

Semtex:
Anyone heading down the west country, look out for the “Bridgewater Camel” and the little baby camel on the M5. Apparantly a left over from one of the carnivals

it’s called Humphrey - been there for more than 25 years now

been joined by a dinosaur a few fields further south :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

heres one a lot of you pass but probably dont know about.

Whats the true use of the “works only” turn on the east bound M4 between J14 and J13 (chieveley services)?

any guesses■■?

articfox:
I sometimes wonder in what direction they are looking for today’s threat.
fox

Probably pointing towards Bradford and Birmingham these days :unamused:

Steveo_uk:
heres one a lot of you pass but probably dont know about.

Whats the true use of the “works only” turn on the east bound M4 between J14 and J13 (chieveley services)?

any guesses■■?

this is it…

its the old Welford airbase, now used as a ammo dump for Fairford US airbase. and a couple of others in the area.