Strange question

Someone on another site has asked me

how long would it take to drive to greece from the uk■■? :unamused: :open_mouth:

simon

I have done Zeebrugge to Taranto, in 29 hours driving, a good fast run but nothing naughty. Driving past Bari a couple of hours before reaching Taranto and Ancona about mid afternoon the day before.
The ferry crossing is quite long, but I have never done it so I can’t help any further than this.

My partners parents emigrated to Corfu last year, driving down.

It took them 3 days, including the ferries.

Hope this helps

I used to do Greece regular(2 trips a month) without busting a gut, Bury St.Edmunds to Athens. day 1, Bury St Eds to Luxembourg,(8hrs) day 2, Luxembourg thru Switzerland to Como (South Switzerland-north Italy)(10hrs) day 3, Como to Ancona,via Milano ring rd, and Bologna, around 6.5hrs driving. Ancona to Patras, depending on which ferry company you take, Superfast are the quickest at 19hrs, Minoan and Anek Line are around the 22hr mark. Around 4hrs to Athens from Patras. By the way, the boats are NOTHING like the tubs that do the Dover-Calais run, we are talking PROPER boats here! ENJOY :smiley:

I have done UK- Greece, tip and reload and return in 9 days… legal!!
I left Sunday, tipped in Belgium first thing Monday morning and reloaded in Gent. Then down to Luxembourg for the night. Next day, down to Dijon, over Mont Blanc, and rest in Bologna. Nextday to Ancona, onto ferry … nice meander across the sea for 22 hours on Minoan Lines. Then 3 hours from Patras to Athens. Would be in Athens Thursday evening. Going Minoan or ANEK Line across to Patras enables to get a 24 hour break in :o)

cheers people i will pass the info on :sunglasses:

thanks again
simon