Strange Number Plates

Seen a few of these about the place.

Usual UK style plates (white front, yellow rear) but with a different font.

They are neither suffix or prefix types but are like this,

123 A 456

Anyone know what they are or where they’re from?

IoM ?

Nope, not IOM plates.

There are no badges on them to identify which country they are from.

There are a lot of our cousins running with plates made up to look like the UK type. I have noticed a lot of RH and Curries LT fleet running on square plates like ours.

As we are the only country who do not need to register trailers, they dont have much option. If they dont have one it will mean a pull, if they do have one they will be targeted on VOSA anti foreign days.

Should have said first! :blush:

These plates are on cars. Never seen them on anything else.

if its like

website says they are Diplomatic plates

olavsplates.com/great_britain.html

tells you what the different codes and numbers mean too

That’s the bunny! :slight_smile:

If they’re diplomatic cars, why the hell was one parked in the pre-gate area at Southampton??

I always assumed we had good diplomatic relations with Hampshire? :laughing:

do you remember the correct numbers and letters ?>

Bacon Sandwich:
Should have said first! :blush:

These plates are on cars. Never seen them on anything else.

could this be one of them?

If so, it is a Bulgarian Export

from wikipedia

Since 1979, cars operated by foreign embassies, consular staff, and various international organisations have been given number plates with a distinguishing format of three numbers, one letter, three numbers. The letter is D for diplomats or X for accredited non-diplomatic staff. The first group of three numbers identifies the country or organisation to whom the plate has been issued, the second group of three numbers is a serial number, starting at 101 for diplomats (although some embassies were erroneously issued 100), 400 for non-diplomatic staff of international organisations, and 700 for consular staff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … ber_plates
[/quote]

The diplomatic plates only use the D and X though not A.

Dip plates and usually have a CD badge on the rear.
I’m sure there is or used to be a ruling on the distance from their embassies that they can travel. Also if you have an accident with one of these vehicles the driver will claim diplomatic immunity[sp].

Lycanthrope:
IoM ?

they are from iom,.i know this cos we collect rental cars from heysham that all have these plates fitted.and as heysham omly sails to ireland and iom,…

Bacon Sandwich:
That’s the bunny! :slight_smile:

If they’re diplomatic cars, why the hell was one parked in the pre-gate area at Southampton??

I always assumed we had good diplomatic relations with Hampshire? :laughing:

Now what on gods good earth gave you that stupid idea■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

buck73:
they are from iom,.i know this cos we collect rental cars from heysham that all have these plates fitted.and as heysham omly sails to ireland and iom,…

Yes I know that mate, I was posting them for Baconbutty to see if thats what he was talking about :wink: Problem solved now, he was talking about diplomatic plates.

“Look Mr Tesco Security Guard, this baby is wearing Diplomatic plates, all the way from the United States of America, i know i’m over an hour before my booking time, but you’re gonna open the goddam gates now boy, before i unleash the whole force of the Embassy on your ■■■!”

awesome photoshopping :wink: but whats a norwegian consulate staffer doing driving a welsh companies truck all the way from the states ■■?!?