Strange download question

One of the companies I work for have older vehicles and so they don’t have any Digi tacho vehicles. If they need to hire in a vehicle it is only ever an analogue tacho equipped one.

My question is: do they need to take downloads from my card for their tacho records? even tho NONE of the information they would download would be ‘their’ data.

I can’t find any useful info on Vosa website so thought I’d ask here.

My answer would be yes, just to keep their records right, make sure you’ve had your time off before driving for them. It might not be their data but you will be driving their truck so they will want proof you haven’t just come off a shift straight on to another.
The problem would be when you went back to driving digi, you could in theory do a full shift for company A on analogue and then go straight to company B and do a Digi shift. This is the mean reason digi was brought in, charts are too easy to “loose”

I agree with C10HOO.

Although I can’t find any legal requirement to download the driver card when all the vehicles are using analogue tachographs, I think it would be as well to cover the companies own back and to show that they have done all that can be reasonably asked of them to ensure that the driver can legally work the required shift.

On the other hand if the company don’t have the means to download the driver card then a written declaration signed by the driver at the start of the shift should keep the company out of trouble I would have thought.

tachograph:
I agree with C10HOO.

Although I can’t find any legal requirement to download the driver card when all the vehicles are using analogue tachographs, I think it would be as well to cover the companies own back and to show that they have done all that can be reasonably asked of them to ensure that the driver can legally work the required shift.

On the other hand if the company don’t have the means to download the driver card then a written declaration signed by the driver at the start of the shift should keep the company out of trouble I would have thought.

I was off work sick for a couple of months in 2008 and I was called into the office twice to download my card. I could have left it with them I suppose, but it got me out of the house. So I suppose it does fulfil all the legal stuff

Thanks for the replies. It was just a question nobody seemed to know the answer to.