Strange behaviour

robroy:
Don’t know what you’re all fussed about, if he rams you up the arse it’s him that’s gonna come off worst.
I’d be inclined to hit the exhaust brake (no brake lights) just to help him along…that would sure as hell make him back off a bit.
(If not refer to my first paragraph. :grimacing: )

Was so tempted to do that rob. Really was :grimacing:

halewood:

Rowley010:
Coming down the M6 tonight, at about Wigan another artic catches me up and sits a reasonable distance behind. I’m doing 52mph. Every so often he gets really close then backs off agiain. Why not just go past me?

This goes on and on past Lymm then after J19 where it’s 4 lanes he goes so close it feels dangerous if I’d needed to brake. I put hazards on for a few seconds to try and give him a hint as I didn’t want to touch brakes, he didn’t react. I speed up to 55mph and he comes with me. Slow back down and he stays with me very very close.

I slow all the way down to 45mph to give him ample head room to quickly get past but nope he just stays dangerously close to me.

This is a quiet motorway by the way at 1am so all lanes free.

Eventually he leaves at 17 I think it was.

Just seemed a bit strange to be like that behind me for a good 20 miles.

If you was gawping in your mirrors for 20 miles, you’d probably be more of a hazard to what’s going on!

No I was checking my mirrors at regular intervals which over 20+ miles is quite a bit. Enough to notice some clown behind you who won’t seem to come past.

Even if you weren’t checking em when it’s all dark it’s hard to not notice all the underneath if your trailer lit up from their headlights as they are that close.

Maybe it was Dennis Weaver,that fellow in dual
youtu.be/SutDTIhbQ2g

Franglais:

switchlogic:

Franglais:

cgscott:
That was me. I was cooking my dinner and watching tv.

I just leave the auto brake and crash avoidance system on when im doing that. Next time il fly past you if my eggs are ready in time.

Dangerous behaviour.
Eggs are high in cholesterol.

Are you communicating from 1989? It’s long been accepted that eggs have many more positives for us than negatives.

Never had this happen with a truck but happens with cars a fair bit. Being tailgated really annoys me, one of only things that does, so like you do best to get rid of them even to the extent of going through services or over junctions if they just won’t f off

It was written in The Sunday Sport in 1975 that someone, somewhere, said something about eggs being bad for some people, sometimes. And they have worn a white sciency smock, and had a doctorate degree bought from a correspondence college.
Now you prove to me that eating a hundred eggs a day won’t do me harm, or else I’ll pose the Missouri question to you!

Hang on are you saying the sh day sport had writing in it? I thought it was a picture book.

You didn’t see him hook on the tow rope■■?

Must have saved him a few bob in diesel … :open_mouth: :laughing:

biggriffin:

Jimmy McNulty:
I have to say threads about paddies doing 101 on the autobahn or Cainryan to Dover in 6 hours are just a little more entertaining than this one, where have they gone?

Were have all the tang-tastic A75 stories gone, and the 20tonne of steel plate in a fridge, with 26 pallets of pizza on the top,…

What a load of old cobblers. It wasn’t pizza . . . it was hanging beef.

Even stranger behaviour trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=161779

rule 1…whats behind,never matters.
youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0