Strange 3 wheeled car

I hope some of you guys over there can answer this one for me.

A while back (during warmer weather) I pulled into a gas station to fill up and I noticed a crowd of men gathered around something laughing. Being inquisitive I went over and found a ‘Strange Three Wheeler’ with British plates on, it was small, two seater, about the size of a Morgan but vey futuristic in style, it had two wheels at the fromt. When I peered into the open top car I saw BMW controls on the dash and Leyland switches etc. When the driver came out from paying his bill i asked his where he brought it and he told me he is having loads of them imported from a Gloucestershire company in England, he then drove off at a very fast speed before I could ask more.

WHAT WAS THIS CAR I SAW :question:

Hi Pat,

was it one of these?

Blackjack Avion

though with the wheels at the back it could have been one of these

Vandenbrink Carver?

If not checkout the 3wheelers.com website to see if you can identify it.

Thanks for the reply but NO ! it was longer and sleeker, you couldn’t see any of the mechanics. :confused:

Was it one of these, Pat?

It’s a Grinnall Scorpion.

Thats the one mate … thanks :laughing:

How much do they run at :question: this guy said he’d be knocking them out at around $20,000 :wink:

There’s some info. HERE
and some more HERE

That is some machine !! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I saw one of these once at a Bike show, that had a turbo charged Suzuki Hyabusa engine in it…
The Hyabusa is the worlds fastest production motorcycle, so you imagine driving a Car that does 0- 100 in about 4 secs… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I want one!!! :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: