stralis question

hi all.
I’m out in an 07 stralis at the moment, and after last night I have a question.
Does anybody know how to keep the 12v supply switched on ?

I have read the manual,which hints at the fact that the delay is user settable (before it turns off), but it doesn’t actually say how you can set it !

I had great fun last night, trying to get the tv (freeview) tuned in before the power went off. 5 attempts it took. Then watching was hard work too, as after what seemed to be a random time period, it would turn off again.
Sometimes it lasts 2 minutes, other times, as much as 20.

Maybe I’m setting it without knowing, but if anybody has found a way round this, i’d appreciate a nod in the right direction.
bugger, it just went again.

:smiley: Smoker most things on the ones I have driven have been adjustable by the main computer in the dash. The same as setting the alarm and all that kind of stuff :smiley:

what is different about the new iveco compared to old■■?..Just look on website…don’t show much

wait til the power cuts out then press the switch on the dash with the battery on it once or twice, it’ll stay on all night.
if you leave one of the interior lights on it wont go off neither.
you cannot alter it in the computer, its designed to do it to protect the batteries

biggusdickusgb:
wait til the power cuts out then press the switch on the dash with the battery on it once or twice, it’ll stay on all night.
you cannot alter it in the computer, its designed to do it to protect the batteries

thanks for the reply biggus, i’ve tried both those suggestions, and it still goes off after a while.
Unless I leave the ignition on I think i’m stuck with it :imp:
i’ve also been right through the computer, and I can confirm that there is no option in there for the 12v system.

You need the advice if a woman.

I’m sure Lucy will be along soon.

Ken.

Quinny:
You need the advice if a woman.

I’m sure Lucy will be along soon.

But the one in Lucy’s truck will stay on 24/7, it would be too ■■■■ scared to turn off. :wink: :smiley:

But the one in Lucy’s truck will stay on 24/7, it would be too ■■■■ scared to turn off.

Would you like to borrow my tin 'at? :laughing:

Ken.

smoker:

biggusdickusgb:

thanks for the reply biggus, i’ve tried both those suggestions, and it still goes off after a while.
Unless I leave the ignition on I think i’m stuck with it :imp:
i’ve also been right through the computer, and I can confirm that there is no option in there for the 12v system.

there may be a fault in the system but where i originally said once or twice try 3 or 4, and leave the little round lights on not the main lights
so they keep working even if you open or shut the door.
the cut off should be off if you have lights on cos that tells the computer you’re still working, once the lights go off the auto cut off comes in to protect the battery.
you could also have a knackered battery, the computer checks all components

Yeah, thanks for those suggestions, I never had chance to read them yesterday, and I was too knackered to care last night :frowning:

I’ve not got it next week (thank god), I’m gonna be out in a Daf xf, so plenty of room to stretch out :slight_smile:

I had so many issues with the ECM going wrong with the stralis, it wasn’t funny.
I was driving around Oldbury today, with virtually no power, coz the warning light was on. A couple of overtaking maneuvers were scuppered too coz the light came on halfway past. If that’s a demonstrator, I don’t think they have a sale…

Ok. A few of our drivers have had this problem and the solution is simple. Press the power button LOTS. Seriously. And if you open and shut any of the doors or turn the ignition on or off, do it LOTS again.

It genuinely works - one of our drivers spent his entire life with his sidelights on until I told him about this trick, and hasn’t had a problem since. Hit it 10 times and a few more for luck and you’ll be fine. :wink:

ECM fault needs diagnostic re-programming type tinkering. All the ECUs will do it at some point. You just need to get it sent in and reset. I call it “giving her a dose of ECT”. (My most recent one was a recurring “drive axle overload” even when solo. Few good blasts of 240v by my now rather good friends at Iveco and it was fine. :open_mouth: :wink: )

Ivecos are like women. They need a bit of attention from time to time else they start nagging…and if they still don’t get their own way, they throw a paddy, at which point you have to take them out and pamper them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:
Ivecos are like women. They need a bit of attention from time to time else they start nagging…and if they still don’t get their own way, they throw a paddy, at which point you have to take them out and pamper them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or easier still just bin 'em and get a better model :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

adorning metallic headgear :wink:

Here’s the offending article -

I also had the digi tacho flipping between working and “internal error” for 2 or 3 hours the other day. :unamused:

I took these pictures, coz I phoned in to the office to report the problems and no-one ever got back to me, so I thought I’d get some proof.

ive got new stralis this week. swapped it for scania R. poor poor truck. had the same problem with ECU/battery “isolator”. Got built-in sat-nav connected to the same supply. everytime i switch the ignition off it would reset. and everytime i would have to start it all over again…country- uk…user profile- blah blah…its so annoying…plastic fantastic…

not the same problem as yours but,a friend has a 4 week old double-drive srralis 550.it,s one of the first with a nox sensor and today was his 9th call into the dealer.no matter what it keeps cuttin down power and sayin ad-blue empty,although he fills it till it spills round his boots.he was assured iveco had sorted out there problems but it seems not

Lucy:

…and then if that doesn’t work, give them a ■■■■ good thrashing. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :laughing:

Lucy:
Ivecos are like women.

:open_mouth: So the longer you keep one the less it does and it’s “rear tyres” get a hell of a lot bigger :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and eventually it will look like a worn out Turbostar :wink: