Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

halewood:
Rung Burtonwood about a month back, spoke to Ian Henshaw who told me start will definitely be May/June.So rung back yesterday to speak to him again and try and get a start date.He’s left the company .Left my details and another fella rings back hours later and tells me he doesn’t think they’re taking anymore drivers on!!!

Ffs, have you got anything in writing saying the job was yours ? It seems very poorly managed.

bald bloke:

halewood:
Rung Burtonwood about a month back, spoke to Ian Henshaw who told me start will definitely be May/June.So rung back yesterday to speak to him again and try and get a start date.He’s left the company .Left my details and another fella rings back hours later and tells me he doesn’t think they’re taking anymore drivers on!!!

Ffs, have you got anything in writing saying the job was yours ? It seems very poorly managed.

Everything they do is poorly managed. It’s a nice clean job with good money but it’s also the least efficient firm I’v ever worked for.

bald bloke:

halewood:

Ive got an email.
I contacted their head office yesterday, as you can imagine I’m fuming,so I wont be letting it go!

halewood:

bald bloke:

halewood:

Ive got an email.
I contacted their head office yesterday, as you can imagine I’m fuming,so I wont be letting it go!

Yeah don’t let it go especially if they actually had promised you a start, I wish I could help.

If that’s how they treat people before they start working for them, I dread to think how they treat their employees.

the nodding donkey:
If that’s how they treat people before they start working for them, I dread to think how they treat their employees.

Very well actually which is why I’m surprised by all these goings on.

bald bloke:

the nodding donkey:

So, as a well known employee of this company, does this account ring true, or are we dealing with a very long term troll… ?

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

the nodding donkey:

So, as a well known employee of this company, does this account ring true, or are we dealing with a very long term troll… ?

Wouldn’t say he’s a troll just a big balls up in communication.

bald bloke:

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

the nodding donkey:

Wouldn’t say he’s a troll just a big balls up in communication.

This has been dragging on for nearly a year. That is not a miss communication, that is a lazy troll. Or a ■■■■ company that’s not worth bothering with.

Seems to be the the norm I had 2 interviews and a driving assessment was asked when can you start ?
Told them two weeks , ok that’s great given a start date 9th January , handed my notice in then received a letter in the post saying the job was no longer available , rang and spoke to the guy who interviewed me and was told nothing to worry about just a delayed start date I will ring you in the next few weeks with your new date , that was the begining of January and I am still waiting for the call :unamused: they have my bank details , copy of my license and cpc , references etc this was at the skem chilled depot.

Throughout the interviews and driving assessment you got the feeling that they assumed everybody wants to work for them.

It seems that Asda likes to keep it’s options open and have a stack of drivers at the ready IF they need them!
Loyalty, honesty and integrity are one way streets in a capitalist corporate world people… :neutral_face:

Read the first few pages and got excited then I skip to the end and see disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:
It seems that Asda likes to keep it’s options open and have a stack of drivers at the ready IF they need them!
Loyalty, honesty and integrity are one way streets in a capitalist corporate world people… :neutral_face:

Why pay an agency’s exorbitant fees, if you can have your own?

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

Why pay an agency’s exorbitant fees, if you can have your own?

because it affords you the flexibility of increasing or reducing staffing levels as and when you need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It aint just Asda and it aint just recent this attitude, i’m still waiting for me start date at Conoco Kingsbury, can’t be long now i’m apparently next one in and it’s only been 30 years so far :unamused:

Think nodders means they have their own agency

Juddian:
It aint just Asda and it aint just recent this attitude, i’m still waiting for me start date at Conoco Kingsbury, can’t be long now i’m apparently next one in and it’s only been 30 years so far :unamused:

lol I’m the same with Fagen and whally. Hand delivered a cv and was told by the boss that he doesn’t mess people around as he doesn’t believe in that. Still waiting 7 years later

Not enough!

Induction Monday.Not bad that 2 weeks short of 14 months since interview

Lol guess they don’t hang about