Straight to the point, Asda, how much per hour?

senior50:
Been on the phone to them and have been told it will now be after Xmas

I got told that about 6 weeks ago,definitely Jan or Feb.

Good evening fellas,

do you know if they are looking for any drivers in Avonmouth depot at the moment?

Thanks.

Tundra:
Good evening fellas,

do you know if they are looking for any drivers in Avonmouth depot at the moment?

Thanks.

:grimacing:

Tundra:
Good evening fellas,

Thanks.

No but keep an eye out for Chepstow.

Guys, according to the new ‘Information board’ at work, they’re 30 ish drivers short of their target of 196, so I should expect more recruiting although im not sure on the time frame.

bald bloke:

Tundra:
Good evening fellas,

Thanks.

Will do. Cheers bald bloke.

bald bloke:

Tundra:
Good evening fellas,

Thanks.

Will do. Cheers bald bloke.

How are you new guys getting on at Burtonwood? Any jobs going?

Yep. 30 drivers required.

Put your name down now for a 2019 start. Hopefully…

We were taking trailers down there from Falkirk CDC last week, Does the fat thing in the transport office always try to speak with her mouth full of cake?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolute bellend of a company. My start date for Burtonwood is now May/June.
12/13 months after my interview,when I was told I’d be starting in 6 weeks.Communication nil and everyone you talk to when I call is clueless.

halewood:
12/13 months after my interview,when I was told I’d be starting in 6 weeks.Communication nil and everyone you talk to when I call is clueless.

I’m assuming Burtonwood is an ambient depot ?

[/quote]
Sure it is together with being a futuristic automated depot with very little manual intervention assisted by Vanderlande…

Cost just short of £100m…

bald bloke:

halewood:

Bit of luck its a flammable depot.Knobheads

bald bloke:

halewood:

It’s ambient, nice canteen too :wink:

halewood:

And your still going through with it after such a long winded charade where they have shown you absolutely no respect?

Not sure I would be still hanging on! Just hope you end up actually liking it!

Let’s hope they don’t do an attitude test on him Rob.

Already called them knobheads, and hasn’t got the job yet! :laughing:

rob22888:

halewood:

And your still going through with it after such a long winded charade where they have shown you absolutely no respect?

Not sure I would be still hanging on! Just hope you end up actually liking it!

Its only that a few on here say its a very good job and mates of mates who’ve started and love it, I defo wouldn’t be hanging on.Just not impressed with their attitude and zero communication, its hardly a good start is it??

the rates for Aldi are wrong, pickers got from £11.50 to £13.50 (night rate) and drivers have from £13.50 to £15.75 (nights or after 6pm) they pay for breaks and you have 32 days holidays but working 5on 3off that its equivalent to 40 days if working 5on 2 off. There are no bonuses for saturdays or sundays but you have 2.5 times on bank holidays (no extra holiday day). And you always start at this same time and if you want you can do minimum 9hrs or as many you want…You need to load and unload etc your lorry…£45k on nights its a common salary…and they can have 2-4 hrs sleep every night (not on Fridays or Saturdays) and they are recruiting all the time (new and no experience drivers too, they train warehouse to driving too for a free - 2 years minimum employment)

Rung Burtonwood about a month back, spoke to Ian Henshaw who told me start will definitely be May/June.So rung back yesterday to speak to him again and try and get a start date.He’s left the company .Left my details and another fella rings back hours later and tells me he doesn’t think they’re taking anymore drivers on!!!