Stopping distance of a 44 ton truck @ 40 to 55mph

In some recent accidents involving drivers of heavy goods vehicles, drivers could not stop before impacts that caused fatalities.
A Eddie Stobart driver (Bulmer) could not stop within 7 seconds & rear ended a stationary car that had stopped at a red light.(fatal)
In this other case of a driver contracted by link logistics (farm foods) the driver hit a minibus that was damaged in front of him.
failing to see the damaged minibus in time the driver hit it.

It turns out the minibus owner was a bit of a cheapskate & the condition of the vehicle and operator was under the radar of V O S A anyway.

The mini bus driver , operator and link logistics driver have been nicked and face jail if convicted.
The trial is set for October 2014 so the outcome is unknown.
The criminal charges are for the drivers.
The issue is could the accident have been avoided preventing the sad loss of life.

There are to many such cases and its not acceptable.
I put the Stobart Mr Bulmer accident down as fatigue related caused from excess of permitted working time. ( maybe illegal)
Have to wait & see the outcome of the Link mini bus accident.

The general idea is to be sharp and alert.
Thats whats expected.
Maintain a gap
drop back
Everybody thinks it will never happen to them.
next time you can read the small print on the back of a trailer
“THINK” COULD YOU STOP IN TIME.

m.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/new … -1-6415286

You’ve made a really sensible post here and I hope some take heed of the content…however…by once again bringing Stobart into it you detract from your point as most people will see it’s been posted by you, involves Stobart and then just ignores your message. I know that there’s a relevance to Stobart but
why don’t you edit it just to involve the farm foods incident only?

Ross v stobart:
I put the Stobart Mr Bulmer accident down as fatigue related caused from excess of permitted working time. ( maybe illegal)

Where is your evidence that the accident was the result of driver fatigue caused by working more than the permitted working time ?

Any ■■■■ fool can post unsubstantiated rumours, but if you want people to take it seriously post the evidence.

As said earlier I don`t know the ins & outs of what actually happened but from what I have read.
Minibus company was under V O S A radar beforehand
link logistics have a reputation for questionable duty working times.

And yet another case of a trucker being dragged into trouble no matter for what reason.

In court October 2014.

leave it till after that.