Stopped by vosa.

mickyblue:

Wheel Nut:

mickyblue:
The new tacho heads now days have bluetooth on them so VOSA can see what you have done. Not sure how it wirks but this was from a cpc lession

Your spelling is attrocious :stuck_out_tongue:

what he meant was; he was told by a lesion.

A lesion is any abnormality in the tissue of an organism

That covers most CPC instructors at wirk.

Done that from my mobile you tart. Buttons are small for me fat fingers

It was a ■■■■ take you tart :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat Hasler:
Firstly the request “YOU IN” would have had a negative reaction from me. I would have stopped and told him in no uncertain terms that I do not respond to oreders from anyone as I am not in the armed forces and any adverse reaction after saying this would involve an actual policeman and even a visit to court if needed to seen a bit of courtesy from the afore mentioned [zb].

Secondly … I am suprised that as advanced as you are in the UK compared to the antiquated systems we have here that they can’t trace your stop start location by checking remotely ? Even our elogs are linked to GPS and show exacty where you started and stopped, it actually gives the latitude and longitude to the foot.

And thirdly … Surely it has to be a policeman who requests you pull in ? The DOT here have DOT police who do inspections but also DOT inspectors who are not actuall police but they have no right to stop you or even issue a ticket whithout a police presence.

In all the dealings I’ve ever had with Vosa, I’ve never been treated with anything but politeness and curteousy. As for being waved in with the words mouthed you in, I’m not sure how polite it could look, when the truck they are trying to stop is travelling at upto 56 mph, the last time I was stopped was in Dover docks, even at those speeds and knowing that the check point is there you don’t get a lot of time.

VOSA have been given powers to stop and I beleive to issue fixed penalties, we were told it was to allow more police of he beat, but it probably means a way of cutting police numbers, especially traffic officers.

Pat Hasler:
Firstly the request “YOU IN” would have had a negative reaction from me. I would have stopped and told him in no uncertain terms that I do not respond to oreders from anyone as I am not in the armed forces and any adverse reaction after saying this would involve an actual policeman and even a visit to court if needed to seen a bit of courtesy from the afore mentioned [zb].

Secondly … I am suprised that as advanced as you are in the UK compared to the antiquated systems we have here that they can’t trace your stop start location by checking remotely ? Even our elogs are linked to GPS and show exacty where you started and stopped, it actually gives the latitude and longitude to the foot.

And thirdly … Surely it has to be a policeman who requests you pull in ? The DOT here have DOT police who do inspections but also DOT inspectors who are not actuall police but they have no right to stop you or even issue a ticket whithout a police presence.

As already stated vosa have power to stop and driving past only opens a large can of worms which I’m sure your boss won’t want.the device they have is a mobile compliance device which holds details of vehicles and drivers they don’t have anything they can point at trucks and find stuff out.basically vosa are skint and I doubt they will be forking out for Bluetooth equipment

Thanks for the replies …
If as you say VOSA are in financial trouble I would be more cautious as this usually inspires them to rake in as much money as they can through fines.

Wheel Nut:

mickyblue:

Wheel Nut:

mickyblue:
The new tacho heads now days have bluetooth on them so VOSA can see what you have done. Not sure how it wirks but this was from a cpc lession

Your spelling is attrocious :stuck_out_tongue:

what he meant was; he was told by a lesion.

A lesion is any abnormality in the tissue of an organism

That covers most CPC instructors at wirk.

Done that from my mobile you tart. Buttons are small for me fat fingers

It was a ■■■■ take you tart :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you old tart

They are self funding now so all the money they generate are through fines for defects and drivers hours

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
They are self funding now so all the money they generate are through fines for defects and drivers hours

Not true, all the fines go to the treasury, self funding simply means they keep the revenue from the ATF, and MOT Stations etc

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Fines go to the crown / government don’t they?

Yes in turn that funds public services, but then does that make the police self funding etc? I am guessing that if tickets were given out for petty things or if VOSA officials were made to give tickets out for the sake of raising funds, the likes of the industry / RHA / FTA would be up in arms about it.

zippy!:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Fines go to the crown / government don’t they?

Yes in turn that funds public services, but then does that make the police self funding etc? I am guessing that if tickets were given out for petty things or if VOSA officials were made to give tickets out for the sake of raising funds, the likes of the industry / RHA / FTA would be up in arms about it.

A percentage of the test fee goes on enforcement activities not sure about the ines

No enforcement agency on earth would ever admit to just giving tickets to raise funds. We all know they do it, the state police, Sheriff’s and town police in every area here would owtright deny it but the facts remain that without issuing tickets for whatever they can find keeps a percentage going to refinance them.

all this bulls++t for about 8 quid an hour, hardly seems worth it really :unamused:

JLS Driver SOS:
all this bulls++t for about 8 quid an hour, hardly seems worth it really :unamused:

I am awaiting my licence coming back but the more I read trucknet and what drivers have to put up with these days for ■■■■ pay, I find myself wondering if I am better off going for a career in domestic cleaning?