Stoneridge digi unit

When I’m in start/stop traffic etc the drive time ends up being about 7-8 minz apart from my timer ? Is this because if I move for 5 seconds it classes it as 1 minute ? Cheers

Yes. When you drive forward a couple of feet and stop, look at the tacho and it will still be on driving for the next 40 seconds or so.

Stupid way to do it, sometimes it ends up being 10+ minz out

Ask your gaffer to upgrade to the SE5000 or newer, if you move less than 30 seconds in a minute, it counts it as whatever mode you had it on for most of the minute (Break/OW/POA)

I have collected a container from the stacks in felixstowe and made it into the THA without adding ANY drive time (Stopping a couple of times)

Do they have to put a new unit in or is it just a case of updating the 1 already in ?

Smoggie89:
Do they have to put a new unit in or is it just a case of updating the 1 already in ?

Its a new unit, costs about £300 I think, so it is £250 more than the standard 2 year re-calibration when required

Easy swap over and you can sell the old unit

Stoneridge claim the new units save about 45 mins a day, from experience I think this is about right, sometimes more if shunting in yards

Won’t take long to pay for itself

Info Here - se5000.com/se5000-trial.html

Had a stonebridge in the truck i used for Glasgow and Edingburgh this week. Did Ossett and Bradford first then upto Glasgow. Stuck in stop start traffic on the M8 and A720, 45 min drive to do to delivery had an hour left for my 10 hour, took 1h 11mins, Very very few places to stop on the A720, and no secure places when loaded. I did a printout when i parked up as i knew that time is added on, 30 mins over the 10 hours, all because i was in traffic. If i’d had a clear run, i’d have had 15 mins spare…

trubster:

Smoggie89:

Its a new unit, costs about £300 I think, so it is £250 more than the standard 2 year re-calibration when required

Easy swap over and you can sell the old unit

Stoneridge claim the new units save about 45 mins a day, from experience I think this is about right, sometimes more if shunting in yards

Won’t take long to pay for itself

Info Here - se5000.com/se5000-trial.html

yes they are great iam getting a couple a load extra a week :smiley: :smiley: i really recommend one they are worth the money :wink:

Lol… Thought that once I saw the video.

Depends who’s side of the fence you are looking at… It could mean the difference between being home for Friday night or running in saturday morning

trubster:
Depends who’s side of the fence you are looking at…

lol :slight_smile::):):slight_smile: