Stoneridge begin and end shift setting

At the moment im at a place that uses stoneridge tachos. A couple of issues seem to of arisen.

when doing manual entry there is an option for end shift it then asks the country i finished in (fair enough) It then says begin shift and lets me enter the time i started the new shift and then any other remaining time (other work). however the issue is it seems to add huge dollops of other work (it seemed to add 30 odd hours last night). At last look it said i was on 97 hours other work. Should i not be using begin and end shift?

Second question is when i had my break it counted down from 15 but stopped at 0. then second break it counted down from 30 and stopped at 0 luckily both times i knew what time i had started my break so was able to add the extra on to make sure it registered. Is there a way of making count properly

From memory, just push the down button and it will display how many minutes of break you are on.

Is this helpful?

The Stoneridge tachos I’ve used in the past have simple stated “Rest until now?” when I’ve put my card in, select “yes” and that’s your ME done (assuming the statement is accurate)

It can’t be accurate though can it unless you’re nighting out.

nope and even if i messed up and recorded other work as rest (i didn’t unless this begin shift thing doesn’t count as rest) i didn’t have 30 hours off

@franglais that video was helpful it is how i have been doing the manual entries as i have to walk back to the office and hand keys in and download my card after ejecting it and also get the keys and walk to the vehicle and put card in etc at the beginning of the next shift

We could run around in circles trying to find out what you did to arrive where you are.
We would probably need to see a full print out for the previous shifts to see what was recorded.

I would suggest that you just write off what was some sort of error, and write out a manual entry on the back of a tacho roll.
Not a perfect solution but I would think that is all you can do. Trying to correct an innocent mistake could make an even worse mess.

Then find out how to do manual entries on the tacho-head correctly for the next time.

@franglais i think your right im in tonight so i shall get someone to watch me if there is someone around and make sure i am doing it right.

Try practising on the simulator?
Stoneridge SE5000 Simulator

I very rarely did any manual entries as we kept our own truck nearly all the time, and took our own set of keys home with us. Work started and ended with (un)locking the door. So, I`m not much more help than that, sorry.

Wtf!

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Parked up in yard after tipping, card still in, square away any paperwork, exit truck, lock it up and drive home in car.

Or are you simply assuming there is automatically for every driver a degree of post-shift faffing about which is not recorded on the card?

WTF indeed. I’ve no idea what that was supposed to mean

It’s different now: Where as rest was previously assumed then a card was out, DVSA want an ME to “prove” you’ve been on rest, going rate for not doing it is a £200 fine.

As you said previously, Stoneridge asks “rest until now?” press yes, and job done.

I was meaning I had no need to record any extra work not shown on the card.

Yes, I should have specified that for siemens VDO users (or any of those other two types of tachos, whose names temporarily escape me) these guys will need an ME to record they were on Rest, I don’t know why they choose to set theirs up differently, It makes Stoneridge very driver friendly by comparison.

Driver friendly but illegal.
There’s no situation that would legally be rest until now. Either you hand your keys in and pick them up again or you’re a tramper, who didn’t need to remove his card in the first place.

From earlier on. Just before your WTF post.

Based only on my own experience, no one at the DVSA expects the records to be down to the last second, or we would all be obliged to have tachographs fitted to our own cars and homes.
The idea behind all of this is to establish the “level playing field” between hauliers, to ensure that as far as possible, employers do not take the mickey out of their drivers and to ensure that drivers and in particular, owner drivers, do not take the mickey out of themselves.
The normal working day is not an ongoing academic exam question and as long as, if and when checked, the driver is seen to have been acting near enough correctly, the digital record will do.
Once again, in my experience, the courteous driver, who hands over their records without comment and whose records are in order, will attract a great deal less attention than the driver who starts by asking if the examiner has nothing better to do than interfere with his life and goes downhill from there.
That’s when it starts to get picky and visits to the yard and demands for timesheets and so on happen.
I may have mentioned that this is my experience, yours may not be the same.

I`ll agree with all of that, especially the “attitude test” comments.
Try to do a straight job, and any slight errors will not result in the death penalty.
Try to regularly push the limits, and it’s a different story.

When on weekends I very rarely (couple of times a year?) had a text message, email, or call, saying that my Monday morning job had changed. I took that message in my own time and made a decision about my start time.
Did I do a manual entry for that? Did I reset my weekly rest time?