Stonehenge A303 Bottleneck

I have read in the paper that the road they closed by the stones is an illegal closure.
Now at busy times you get long queues from Solstice services at Amesbury or queues if heading East.
On the Westbound where two lanes go in to one,there are the impatient muppets who can wait to filter in but barge on in front to be expected to be let in at the top of the hill.
They get aggresive if you do not let them in.
It is worse there on Public holidays and events like Glastonbury,you could be stuck for hours.
I nipp off at Larkhill by the Shell garage,turn left at the roundabout marked Larkhill Camp.
Carry on until the two ton weight limit,turn left.
Past the visitor center,then rejoin the A303.

I saw a coach stopped adjacent to the stones while his passengers snapped away even though the traffic ahead was flowing… it wasn’t behind!

You can get to the Larkhill from solstice park if the traffic is tailed back that far on the 303.

It’s not an illegal closure, it went through all the proper channels and we did fight it as well as the proposed closure of a couple of byways (which we were successful). However the traffic problems were well known and forecast to increase, fight which we can do nothing about until the funding is available to increased the road capacity (if it ever will be made available).

Zip method as far as the traffic lanes are concerned then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

I thought the re: The byways (BOATS Byways open to all traffic) the no permanent closure argument was won but they were still TRO’d (effectively the same)