**Stolen Truck - Topline Scania - HIG3536**

Hello,

HIG 3536 Scania Topline 580 was stolen early afternoon, 2.30pm on Sat 28th Jan, from the new Stenaline - Lochryan ferry ternimal. Was last seen heading A77 - N/B going through Maybole SOLO unit at around 3.30pm. Its a very rare sight for a Manfreight to be in Scotland (Not that it’ll stay there long), and to see one of the Scanias is just as rare as we only have 3 Scanias (Now 2). Anyone have any info should contact 08456005701 Dumfries & Galloway Police or you can email me back or telephone me 07809310453 with any info which I can pass onto my boss.

Thanks in advance.

Made sticky for a while in the hope that it helps. dd.

Just an update from the boss:-

There is a £2,000 reward for information leading to the successful return of the stolen truck. .

Hope you don’t mind I lifted your post and put on my site.

switchlogic:

Stuck it up on the “dark side” too. Hope you get her back :frowning:

Hope she appears for you and I hope the so called security in Stenna get their ■■■ kicked - who ever took it had to have walked in past them and driven the unit out past them.
Nice to see them running about like headless chickens on Saturday night - a bit late to start doing their job after the fact.
Best of luck getting her back and I hope junior dosen’t lose to much sleep over it

Security have stepped up a bit by walking round the vehicles and lookingin the cabs, i would have thought they had something on cctv

switchlogic:

More places it is surely the better? Cheers pal.

Stenaline @ Lochryan as they like to call it are not interested in freight drivers. If anyone has been or stays and works out the place will tell you this. They built a 35 space something CAR PARK which isnt monitored or controlled and is supposed to cover ALL subbies trucks and cars, which in reality is 60/70+ if everything there. People are that desperate there parking on the pavements, parking on the road in/out etc… Parking is allowed inside but not many opt for this as its a 300yds walk, ok in the dry and/or summer but when peeing down not ideal to be soaking through before going a shift down the road? Unfortunately this is where the problem lies, the lorry was parked outside the Port fence, where there is no security nor cameras, although youd think 1 of the supposed 70 super duper cameras from the insde would pick up something?

Is there a tracker on the vehicle?

was it taken with keys?

Nice looking motor, very sadly the reality is it very likely now all in bite sized bits.

Supposedly no tracker and keys were under the grill. No great situation and one that certainly wont entertain the inurance and/or policeman.

For £30 the company could have purchased a coded security box in which to hide the key - would make the life of a thief slightly more difficult . Good luck in the search - I would not even leave the key of my house hidden - let alone a truck or car which can be driven off .

“Keys under the grille”

My first thought is an inside job. Someone knew, told someone else…etc etc. :imp:

206doorman:
“Keys under the grille”

My first thought is an inside job. Someone knew, told someone else…etc etc. :imp:

Maybe not though. Scania’s had a habit of locking you out of the cab meaning some drivers tended to leave a spare key somewhere obvious rather than having to using a brick to get back in again. Although by looking at how tidy that truck is, it looks more like a planned job. Someone wanted it and someone has got it. Beats me that with all this technology like ANPR and CCTV everywhere you go, it hasn’t been found yet. Hope it gets returned to it’s rightful owner soon. Best of luck.

Next time I’m caught short in Scotland, I know what trucks to get in with my carrier bags

what about that "Alpha Dot " stuff Scania’s are supposed to be painted with ■■? not a lot of use in these situations is it ■■? Tracker might sound expensive but surely your insurance would be cheaper. therefore cost effective.

Update that the lorry has been found dumped in Strathclyde, Glasgow.

scottishcruiser:

That’s good news. Was it damaged at all?

I guess with it being a Scania it was always likley the scumbags would realise they had nicked a load of crap and dump it. Scania should make that a selling point.

Coffeeholic:

scottishcruiser:

That’s good news. Was it damaged at all?

I guess with it being a Scania it was always likley the scumbags would realise they had nicked a load of crap and dump it. Scania should make that a selling point.

HTH :smiley:

scottishcruiser:

Thats good news that your company has got it back.