Stock market crash in progress

There’s idiots blaming this on Corbyn… WTF?

It’s China that’s having a black monday that kicked this all off - but FFS… I’ve not seen anything like this since 1987…

FTSE has lost near a thousand points this past fortnight, 400 of it today.
Dow Jones currently down 1000 on the day. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

THIS might actually have an odd effect (positive) on the Transport industry - so it’s relevent to follow what’s going on here, in particular which companies turn out to be the new mainstays of the economy. I figure that firms trading in actual things are going to become rather fashionable - as is carting said things about… :bulb:

Any one can see that this is a world event.Jeremy Corbyn and the labour party have little to do with it.

I’ve not seen anyone blaming Corbyn.

Before you start, you do know where this thread is heading don’t you?

Freight Dog:

I wouldn’t drive artics for £8p/h and I can’t believe anybody does.

switchlogic:
I’ve not seen anyone blaming Corbyn.

no but carryfast has blamed thatcher several times already, in between being part of air crash investigation team I may add :laughing: :laughing:

ezydriver:

Freight Dog:

That’s not exactly what I was referring too

Thank the good Lord the tories and their economic wizard are in power… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: we’ll be safe… :open_mouth:

Juddian:
Thank the good Lord the tories and their economic wizard are in power… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: we’ll be safe… :open_mouth:

Absolutely the global free market economy based on cheap Chinese labour will sort it all out and save us all from economic meltdown. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

There you go. Warned you.

Freight Dog:

ezydriver:

Freight Dog:

That’s not exactly what I was referring too

But that’s where it’ll end up :laughing:

I blame Harold Wilson

It’s the seven year cycle ending and a new one starting€$¥

Has everyone bought all their euros for when they go on holiday■■?

As I’m guessing, you’ll not get a good exchange rate VERY shortly…

Freight Dog:

I knew where you were going mate. The latest episode of ‘Carryfast’s guide to political history’ …not recommended for those with suicidal tendencies, as guaranteed to push them over the edge. :unamused:

robroy:

Freight Dog:

I knew where you were going mate. The latest episode of ‘Carryfast’s guide to political history’ …not recommended for those with suicidal tendencies, as guaranteed to push them over the edge. :unamused:

A good cure for insomnia mind.

the following phrases/words are banned from this thread… :laughing:

BS
Communist
Capitalism
Which leads us to
Bollox
:exclamation:
The issue
Agenda
Media

kr79:
I blame Harold Wilson

This won’t affect the pound in your pocket :wink:

Goldfinger:
Has everyone bought all their euros for when they go on holiday■■?

As I’m guessing, you’ll not get a good exchange rate VERY shortly…

Why ?whats your thinking.

Euros… Yes, that’s an odd one that.
The main two markets that soared in the otherwise “bear” card being played were:

Euros
Bonds

Precious Metals were neutral, Livestock only fell slightly, food a mediocre amount.

The Stock Markets, having troughed at the open, rallied to make up 80% of the losses, then fell back to around 2/3rds of the way down again.

The overnight market so far has an additional triple-digit rally in progress for the opening tomorrow - but that could all change if the far eastern stock markets take fright again before 6am…

Back to Euros though… This damned currency has always confounded me. I’ve made plenty on other markets - but not this one.
I can’t see any reason to treat this currency as some kind of “safe haven” - but here it is outpacing Swiss Francs higher…
If you’re going abroad today - it’s gonna cost you 3% more than at last weekend…

Bonds are currently giving back their gains. They were rather high to start with after all.
The thing here is that higher bond prices puts downward pressure upon interest rates. So much for the “first rate rise by Christmas” argument. “Christmas 2016” is now odds-against for the time being as well.

Petrol & Diesel though… Nice continuing bear market there. THIS of course represents the best news for motorists & hauliers nationwide. :slight_smile:

Note that because Petrol fell more than Diesel the past 24 hours - Technically speaking, the forecourt price of Unleaded should duck back under diesel again. :bulb:

robroy:

Freight Dog:

I’ve got the whole collection on my bookshelf! Should say “had”…the bookshelf collapsed on the dog :smiley: