Stobarts

Apologies in advance for starting a thread on the above but was chatting to an ex work colleague today and he reckons they are opening a depot in Swindon, on the site of the old Brs depot in Stratton where Imperial commercials ( Daf agents) are.Told him i thought it was bollox but he seemed convinced.
Anybody “know owt” :question:

Any missing replies from this thread are in the bin. The OP has made a request and it wasn’t what do you think of stobarts or anyone who works for them. Any crap posted here will be straight in the bin. Thanks.

Biomass …already wagons down there been there for a couple of years now

stvme2519:
Biomass …already wagons down there been there for a couple of years now

Thought that was Jenkinsons motors that are based at the Pitstop off the M4 J17 ?

Stobarts in there as well

Bio mass fleet have been on DAF’s site for a few years now. Jenkinsons were also in there at the front but I gather they have moved to junc 17.
Last I heard was Stobarts are putting a depot on the old Woolworths site at Dorcan but I drove past a few weeks ago and no work had started.

The chap i was talking to said “they” were taking over the yard at Stratton completely. . he works for the biggest transport(sorry logistics) co in the town and sounded convinced but it does sound like a “load of ol bollox” imo.

If they get the contract to deliver Honda cars then maybe they’ll need that yard…

Wildy:
If they get the contract to deliver Honda cars then maybe they’ll need that yard…

I have seen more than a few Stobart car transporters on Belgy plates in the area recentley .

:wink: