Stobarts

Hia All

Anyone worked for Stobarts? Whats it like?

Been offered work on there.

FFS

watch channel 5… :unamused:

wdf76:
watch channel 5… :unamused:

Exactly,or search the thousands of tedious threads on them on here!!!

What atttudes!

Unfortunatly i cant answer your question mate as never worked there. But i do agree that some people.have serious attitudes. This forum is for helpful advice,not sarcy comments.

ITS NO WONDER HGV DRIVERS ARE LOOKED UPON AS RUDE AND IGNORANT.

Type in stobarts into the search bar mate, something will prob show up, weather it’ll be of any use im not sure.

its not an attitude thing, its the fact somebodys asking about working for stobarts…2 or 3 times a day, it gets a bit boring when you come on and thats all you see, use the search function pretty much every topic has been covered.

Why dont you just post a link or some thing? Isnt this website about
Helping fellow truckers??

if you cant be bothered usin the search button why would you click on a link to find stuff yourself…just like the search function is there for

mick_borthwick:
Why dont you just post a link or some thing? Isnt this website about
Helping fellow truckers??

Everyone has to help themselves a little bit Mick

There are 270 pages showing on Stobarts if you spell it correctly, there are probably twice as many if you use the preferred spelling of Stobbards or Stobby. You can even find them by typing poison dwarf or ■■■■■■ into the search engine.

Even the original posters question wasn’t very clever was it?

Those who are happy will tell you how great it is and how clean Williams ■■■■■■■■ is, the rest will tell it like it is.

That is just my opinion and I have never worked for them but I know what they are like just from the TV and these forums.

Now can we lock this thread please.

Never right. Oh well

it doesnt matter whether you drive a green/red/purple/pink or multicoloured wagon its better than sitting at home earning nothing

I will probably get a slating here for it but I have applied. There are two reasonably local depots to me and right now the option of getting class 1 work, however poorly paid is better than none at all.

Going back over my payment history for wages I have found that I have usually worked for about 250-300 a week from 7.5t, Class 2 and PCV so doing the same with Class 1 isn’t so bad is it, and I get the experience where currently none exist, and agencies spout more rubbish about what they have and don’t have. Surely working for Stobarts can’t be worse? At least I know I will have 5 or more days of work! Ooh! And I get to practice reversing :smiley: :smiley: :unamused: :blush:

Where better to train for the job, the experience and not get filthy and covered in fifth wheel grease because they look after their gear for their image.

I’ve had to drive wearing shirt and ties in the past on the buses and previously worked in an office. In order to get the job done I can cope with those ‘sacrifices’.

At this point I shall probably be branded as ‘inhuman’ and ‘subnormal’ but in my defence I did drive local buses for 3 years so I have increased my skin thickness a little. I think it was on those buses (11 Willenhall) that I last met The Great Dar. I could make a joke about suspension but he’s still pretty small compared to some of the passengers we had on…

So, yeah. Surviving on 7.50 ph may be challenging, but I’ll certainly give it a go!

you go for it.don`t listen to all the knob jockeys on here…most of whom have never worked there.

I currently work for Stobarts and I love it.
The work is good, and drivers are helpful and decent.

Oh, and what you see on C5 isnt anything like reality. Its a TV program so needs ratings. It wouldnt get people watching if the episode was just a straight run to a depot and back without any hiccups.

I have done a fair bit of agency work with them over the past six months, and they are certainly not the worst to work for.
Hours tend to be looooong, (maybe coz I’m agy).
Like most places the majority of drivers are really helpful, and like most places there are some who are just awkward.
Most of the motors are fairly clean, and some are most definitely in need of a deep clean and deodorising.
Like most places, some of the planners are really helpful and some are just nitwits.

If I need to bump up my wages for a week, then a couple of Stoobys 15hr runs over a weekend do me fine.

The hardest things to get used to are the spotters, the kids (and adults)waving at you and asking if you know Mark Dixon :unamused: , and worst of all the rather unpleasant attitude of a very, very, very small number of other drivers, who seem to regard you as the spawn of the devil :laughing:
I have no hesitation in doing shifts for them, would not do it full time though…

I’m eagerly awaiting positions opening at Bellshill depot so I can get in there myself for a couple of months experience, never know what may come of it.