Stobarts....

if you want regular money and dont mind being away 5 nights every week go for it its a good company and you will definatly be from one end of the country to the other all week just not home if it was 2/3 nights out i would go but its 5 and thats not for me.

Exactly the reason why I’m not there Alex.

Ken.

I have thought about tramping, but 5 nights out doesn’t suit. :frowning:

Carl:
what depot twopack, i was thinking of applying for a job at burton depot

This is out of Crick not sure if Burton are taking on but it is worth putting in an application form, they do let you know either way if jobs are going or not. Good luck :smiley:

Do you know if they have anywhere in Berkshire? Hubby wouldn’t mind giving them a try. But we’re finding there seem to be fewer jobs down here than ‘oop North’.

its no great shakes money wise is it
:frowning:
£100 for nights out then £8.33 flat rate or £7.25 then ~ O/T at £ 9.66

then of course do nothing much the following week to compensate for the reduced break

It,s only 5 nights out if you want it, i am always home friday after 4 nights away, in 7 years i’ve only ever had 5 nights out 3 times. If you want to be home midweek then they will sort you out. Hope this dispells any myths. :unamused: :unamused:

Stuarts actually right,however,I was going to join them before crimbo,and told them the maximum I could do,was 3 nights away,because I have a life outside of work as well,and it seems that they gear the operation up for 5 nights,however,as Stuart says,you don’t always do that.

Needless to say,I haven’t been offered a job there yet.

Ken.

When i went for the interview at hawleys lane i was told i had to be prepared for 3 weeks away :open_mouth:
Been there done that!
The most i do now is a fortnight. What they say and whats actually expected dont always match up

Quinny:
I know they are looking for drivers for the Tesco Chesterfield job

an old work mate of mine (ex wincanton) works in the transport office there. she says it ■■■.
however several of my old buddies do work for that depot
I guess it suits some, but not others