Stobarts Training

I´m just about to come back onto the job market and I´m thinking of upgrading my C (which I´ve had since ´06) to C+E. I´ll be in Kettering. I´ve read the top sticky re the good places to learn in Northants and notice Stobarts are on the list. Is that still true, that they do external training? I had a look at their website and it wasn´t clear if their training is just inhouse these days, or that they train people outside the company.

If they do, has anyone trained with them, any idea of the costs and (of course I have to ask) is it a good route to getting work with them?

I sent an email off to them about a year and a bit ago and they were stopping it due to economic climate, they used to take you on and train you up you had to stay for 2 years iirc or pay back fees to them. I’d advise you to train with Data Academy in Leicester, a top bunch of folk in my opinion :smiley:

Thanks for the info GL. BTW I´ve sent emailed a CV to ND in Northampton. I´ve said that if they don´t have any need for C drivers then I´d fund my C+E myself to work for them.

we run a few 7.5 tonners as well as a fair few rigids, and they are just re implementing the train C drivers to C&E and C&E driver on the forks and warehouse to C scheme so we do have the scope for a fair few C drivers if they need any right now I’m not sure, but will keep my ears open.