Stobarts tanker crash ellesmere port

R.I.P. drive.

Hopefully the penny might start to drop

Very sad news.
Suffering a heart attack behind the wheel is one of my fears, will I have time to do anything, will I be able to do anything.

RIP drive.

Hate the game not the players guys.

original post removed as it should have been elsewhere and was a mistake by me to put it here…

RIP driver , doesnt matter who you work for, we all should be going home safe…

Sad news that the driver has passed away. Obviously a lot more tragic for those that knew him…

R.I.P Drive.

One of our drivers had a heart attack at the wheel, crossed the central reservation hit several on coming cars then collided with a bridge parapet. Died at the scene.

I mind coming back that day, parking up and my boss walking across the yard to me to tell me the news. I just broke down in tears. Terrible thing for a depot to go through aswell as the guys family. Our depot shut down on the day of the funeral subbed everything out. Company where really good about it.

RIP drive.

Yes evil. A lot more tragic but in light of a fatality I really think that the playground mentality type posters should really leave this thread alone. It is NOT the place for silly comments :imp:

RIP drive - you’ve been onwards, now go upwards :wink:

dri-diddly-iver:
Yes evil. A lot more tragic but in light of a fatality I really think that the playground mentality type posters should really leave this thread alone. It is NOT the place for silly comments :imp:

^^ this.

dri-diddly-iver:

I completely agree!
There is a time and a place for jokes, and any accident where people are seriously hurt or die is not it…

Today’s Echo
The driver of one of the tankers, a 40-year-old man from Leigh, was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital with serious injuries, sadly he later died… R.I.P Driver condolences to his family.

40 :frowning: very tragic news. Lost my Dad at 52 when he had a Heart attack and thought that was young.
R.I.P driver. My thoughts are with your family.

Rip driver! No matter who we drive for we shouldn’t be slagging the drivers like this! I’m new and young into the game and I have often wondered what I would do if I had time to do anything if I suddenly become ill cruising along at full speed! The effects can be massive! But I also believe we should be having Medicals a lot more often! I had my medical 9 years ago I’m now 28 so I don’t need one for a long time. But these Medicals should be a lot more in depth! I see the fitness some drivers have smashing back the greasiest biggest meals they can with a few beers In the truck stops at night time and getting out of breath climbing in and out of the truck. Yes a heartattack or stroke can happen anytime but a little bit of help to try and keep them away wouldn’t do some of us some harm! Some of these drivers I talk about are probably not to much older than me and do not have to have a medical for a long time.

By the way this is not me judging the accident above just my view in general and as I said rip driver! The poor guys family too no one should be saying there final goodbye to go and do a days work.

The latest news on this very unfortunate accident is here:

www.chesterchronicle.co.uk

R.I.P. to the driver. :frowning:

That latest update is a bit confusing. Did he have a heart attack or not?

OVLOV JAY:
That latest update is a bit confusing. Did he have a heart attack or not?

Some local journalists do seem to have a way of leaving a reader confused, so I’m going off this part in the link above…

Yesterday, a North West Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed a driver of one of the tankers had suffered a heart attack.

So it would seem he had a heart attack, but was conscious and breathing at the scene, but later died of injuries sustained in the crash. Terrible incident.

RIP driver

OVLOV JAY:
So it would seem he had a heart attack, but was conscious and breathing at the scene, but later died of injuries sustained in the crash. Terrible incident.

RIP driver

Hi Jay,

It seems to me that the report is unclear as to what actually killed the driver.

The police are investigating the accident, so I’ll keep an eye on the local paper this week.

dieseldave:

OVLOV JAY:

RIP driver

Hi Jay,

It seems to me that the report is unclear as to what actually killed the driver.

The police are investigating the accident, so I’ll keep an eye on the local paper this week.

Not exactly the best reporting in there.