Stobarts Strike Again

pete smith:

xichrisxi:
Done the trailer & unit 10/10 for effort drive :grimacing:

A 10ā€™ 6" bridge as well?

Who on earth would try and fit a Scania r cab under a 10.6 bridge? Think the warning sign in your brain would start flashing when you see the bridge at about head height as you drive towards it :open_mouth:

Saying that I went into a muti storey car park in Nottingham with my normal height transit last year and I got stuck under the low height sign, bugger I sure my transit grown a inch ( Must be all the layers of extra paint I put on to cover the rust up). Worse luck my wife was sitting beside me at the time & I still havenā€™t heard the end of it. :blush: :blush:

rob22888:
I think your CPC card should be endorsable for incidents like this. Gather 6 points and loose your professional entitlement for 12 months. Your CPC card is supposedly meant to be evidence of your professional competence, surely it should therefore be removed if you donā€™t walk the walk.

Yeh but youā€™re working on the theory that the DCPC is real, an indication that a driver has done a course to prove his professionalism, and if that was so, your idea would be spot on.
But those of us who can cut through the official bull ā– ā– ā– ā– , and see things for what they really are know that it aint, itā€™s just a ā€˜ā€˜seeing to be doing the right thingā€™ā€™ excercise for image, tied in with making money.
If it was a proper qualification ā– ā– ā– ā–  whits like that would not be able to get it. :bulb:

Following his Chinese prat nav by the look of it, it seems to be getting worse twice this year I have had to help people back onto loading bays that last one a week ago heā€™d been at it for half an hour, that was a decker as well.

When I asked the driver in question how long heā€™d been driving 4 days was the answer grossing over 40 tonnes and 16,2 high its a miracle nobody gets killed.

Thrown in at the deep end with no training and Iā€™m surprised there are not more incidents of this nature, the trailer in the picture is F***** beyond repair.

The amount of damage and incompetence shown by these contractors is beyond belief I cant think of another industry in this country that would tolerate such stupidity Tesco think they are saving money using these clowns they must be working for nothing for that to be the case.

HGV:
Pic i got sent

I notice Tesco got their branding off the side pretty sharpish [emoji23]

robroy:

rob22888:
I think your CPC card should be endorsable for incidents like this. Gather 6 points and loose your professional entitlement for 12 months. Your CPC card is supposedly meant to be evidence of your professional competence, surely it should therefore be removed if you donā€™t walk the walk.

Yeh but youā€™re working on the theory that the DCPC is real, an indication that a driver has done a course to prove his professionalism, and if that was so, your idea would be spot on.
But those of us who can cut through the official bull [zb], and see things for what they really are know that it aint, itā€™s just a ā€˜ā€˜seeing to be doing the right thingā€™ā€™ excercise for image, tied in with making money.
If it was a proper qualification [zb] whits like that would not be able to get it. :bulb:

And you absolutely right, the DCPC in itā€™s current form is a farce. The idea that picking your arse in a classroom for 35 hours makes you professionally competent is ludicrous. I do generally support the idea behind it & it could help raise the bar if it was done properly (pass/fail tests, syllabusā€™). Sadly large chunks of the industry isnā€™t ever going to be in favour of making it a proper qualification because, as we all know, many operators rely on the dregs who wouldnā€™t qualify to get bums on seats.

Had it said to me that it was a Doncaster truck with a logistics people agency driver which is Stobrats own agency.
And he told my mate that is said 9ā€™9ā€ on the trailer.
Think he should have added the 5th wheel height onto that lol
Or read the overall height sign instead.
Think itā€™s about time something was done about this happening as it happens too often doesnā€™t it

The answer is simple, accidents that are at fault insurance claims (or equivalent value if a company self insures) should be legally notifiable to the DVLA (the Traffic Commissioner copied in) with specific driver accident data available at the same time as licence checks by employers both current and potential, this would stop half wits wrecking everything they touch and flitting from one job to another.
Agencies (and the self employed driver for hire) should also be compelled to forward this data to their customers before Mr Wreckit can do his worse.

Iā€™m only surprised the insurance industry hasnā€™t kicked off about this, and insisted on having names of drivers under their cover, with the option to say no cover for Mr Wreckit.

Instead of which the pointy shoes in insurance and some companies have decided driver facing cameras are the answer :unamused: , to what question i ask? you could point 20 cameras at a half wit and all they will show you is the reactions of said HW after heā€™s done the current Ā£10/10Millions worth of damage.

The majority of recent headline grabbing, especially the fatals, incidents (one could hardly call them accidents :unamused: ) have been from or heavily involved the typical suspects, yet weā€™re all tarred with the same brush as them in the eyes of too many employers and presumably the insurers too, and itā€™s about bloody time this increasingly one size fits all and lowest common denominator cheap as we can get bum on seat industry took a bloody long hard look at itself.

Trucker Ed:
And he told my mate that is said 9ā€™9ā€ on the trailer.
Think he should have added the 5th wheel height onto that lol
Or read the overall height sign instead.

Yeah all the Tesco trailers Iā€™ve pulled only had the trailer height excluding fifth wheel, Iā€™ve not seen any yet (at Magor) that say an overall height though, Tescoā€™s way of covering their own arse due to varying fifth wheel heights I should imagine, he should have added at least 4ā€™ 1" (1250mm) to that, probably 3 ~ 4 inches more if the Scanias midlift was raised.

I measured my MAN (ooh err missus) because I ā€˜shockā€™ ā€˜horrorā€™ carry a tape measure in my bag and once I was connected up to a trailer it was 4ā€™ 4" from the ground to the bottom underside of the front corner of the trailer so allowing no wiggle room that 9ā€™ 9" trailer would be 14" 1" overall, christ the scanias cab (with airkit) alone would be at least 13" :neutral_face: