Stobarts in sun newspaper

I see today stobart’s advertising for owner driver trampers, start up capital of 12000 k required they supply the rest . I guess not a lot of there employed tramper fancied there own truck

Did it mention anything about GAR earnings?

It says a lot about the calibre of driver they are looking for, advertising in the Sun of all places.

Relying on daft newbies armed with redundancie to carve up the job, nothing changes.

Could be a sign of things to come “Driver wanted must supply own truck”.

or “Drivers wanted must supply own truck, fuel and work”. :laughing:

With all the [zb] that News International are in, I would have thought that would be more picky who they accept advertising off, bring on Matt Alright!

I reckon Mr Tinkler and Mr Stobart bumped into a bigwig at Tarmac/Hanson/Bardons at some point in the last year…

I reckon they will have over 200 people take them up on it though, look at the starry-eyed nuggets that come on here at least twice a week looking for ‘advice’ (i.e. being told to go ahead and buy a truck).

hammer:
I reckon Mr Tinkler and Mr Stobart bumped into a bigwig at Tarmac/Hanson/Bardons at some point in the last year…

I reckon they will have over 200 people take them up on it though, look at the starry-eyed nuggets that come on here at least twice a week looking for ‘advice’ (i.e. being told to go ahead and buy a truck).

Sadly I think you’re right, that’s probably the minimum they’ll get wanting in…200 x £12K = £2.4 Million raked in for ESL upfront just for the ‘signing on’ fee. That fee however will only get you the keys to a new (leased) motor and a uniform. Yeah right, where do I sign?

It’s a cracking wheeze to make cash and get your awkward work done by your brand new smiling ‘can-do’ subbies who don’t look as though they’re subbies…hats off to Stobart!

Scannyfanny:

hammer:

Sadly I think you’re right, that’s probably the minimum they’ll get wanting in…200 x £12K = £2.4 Million raked in for ESL upfront just for the ‘signing on’ fee. That fee however will only get you the keys to a new (leased) motor and a uniform. Yeah right, where do I sign?

It’s a cracking wheeze to make cash and get your awkward work done by your brand new smiling ‘can-do’ subbies who don’t look as though they’re subbies…hats off to Stobart!

£12k cash flow is not a signing on fee, it’s working capital - something that any business will need.

wasn’t that the way a big internationl company whos name i cant remember from Durham just down the road from the Philips tv factory used to run?

malcolmj:
wasn’t that the way a big internationl company whos name i cant remember from Durham just down the road from the Philips tv factory used to run?

Are you thinking of Peter Cook

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001864,-1.675583

Blueiain:

Are you thinking of Peter Cook

yep

pavaroti:
“Drivers wanted must supply own truck, fuel and work”. :laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scannyfanny:

hammer:

It will be a complete bugger for the spotters with the possible doubling up of truck names, if the wife has to for-go waxing and tanning and nails ect she is sure as hell going to want her name on the front, how many Sarah’s can a die hard spotter stand? could lead to the break up of a marriage or an empire.

:laughing:

You can’t duplicate the names under any circumstances, you will have to tell your better half to come up with a ■■■■ actress name for the front of the wagon instead.

Silver_Surfer:
:lol:

You can’t duplicate the names under any circumstances, you will have to tell your better half to come up with a ■■■■ actress name for the front of the wagon instead.

For a ■■■■ actress/ actors name arent you supposed to take the name of your first pet and the place of your birth :laughing: could be intresting!!!
That makes me ‘Buccaneer Pitton’ :laughing: anyone else care to share?

puntabrava:

Silver_Surfer:
:lol:

For a ■■■■ actress/ actors name arent you supposed to take the name of your first pet and the place of your birth :laughing: could be intresting!!!
That makes me ‘Buccaneer Pitton’ :laughing: anyone else care to share?

Pets name: Candy

Place of Birth: Cockup Bottom, near Bassenthwaite, ■■■■■■■■

First Pets Name: Spotty.

Place of Birth: Bell End, near Bromsgrove.

No no no,
First Pets name: Sniffer
Place of Birth: T w att, Orkney.

First Pets Name: Tickler

Place of Birth: Tomtits Bottom, near Cowley, south of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire