Stobarts ......... ffs

ok i got to ask …

what the hell is wrong with some folk on here ? everytime stobarts name is mention someone has a histerical fit and wets the bed … :open_mouth:

over the last few weeks i’v had to risk talking to several stobbie drivers and not one of them has even attempted to punch me , stab me or even insult me , and one of them was polish ffs … whats wrong with you people ■■ i’v also noticed that most of them were human looking and did’nt even have webbed fingers … :open_mouth:

jeeeesh get a life … :sunglasses:

Must be new to the game fella.Do some homework on "the green death"and you’ll find out why they are despised,to say the least.If feeling particularly brave you might ask some owner drivers what their opinions are.

Bowser! Your right and you’ll also notice a few on here are loved up about French and German companies but Vilify a good British firm because of past problems.

I came across a canny stobby driver at colsterworth lorry park, atleast they will have some good job security aswel

don’t you know? stobarts are the only company to ever to get a contract that puts a smaller firm down the pan. obviously no other company ever tries to build and expand. dhl? never won a contract over a small firm forcing them out, noooo. wincanton? nope. aw jenkinsons? nah. malcolms? of course not.

problem is the motors stand out, they have a public fan club, a LOT of the drivers are loud and arrogant, and those poxy telly programs.

flat to the mat:
Must be new to the game fella.Do some homework on "the green death"and you’ll find out why they are despised,to say the least.If feeling particularly brave you might ask some owner drivers what their opinions are.

why must i be new to the game ■■
just so you know i’m coming up to my 25th year of driving …

bowser:

flat to the mat:

why must i be new to the game ■■
just so you know i’m coming up to my 25th year of driving …

still new, one more year should do it lol

happysack:
don’t you know? stobarts are the only company to ever to get a contract that puts a smaller firm down the pan. obviously no other company ever tries to build and expand. dhl? never won a contract over a small firm forcing them out, noooo. wincanton? nope. aw jenkinsons? nah. malcolms? of course not.

problem is the motors stand out, they have a public fan club, a LOT of the drivers are loud and arrogant, and those poxy telly programs.

a lot of any companies drivers are loud and arrogant :wink: I agree with the rest , there’s firms round here with similar reputations with regards to pricing and forcing out small firms - it’s life get over it !!

All just sounds like jealousy to me to be honest

big_trouble:

Jealousy lmao, does that mean i am jealous of kiddy fiddlers cos i dont like em? No

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

Jealousy lmao, does that mean i am jealous of kiddy fiddlers cos i dont like em? No

jesus :open_mouth: another point well put …

bowser:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

jesus :open_mouth: another point well put …

oh yes its the place to be for sensible and eloquent conversation.
knuckledraggers.com

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

Not really the same thing is it?

If I lived handy to one of their yards and I needed a job, I’d take one if offered… wouldn’t you ?

big_trouble:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

Erm yes. Why would someone be jealous of a firm that puts people out of business, dresses drivers up like elves for £7 an hour and has a fanbase of creatures from jim hensons creature shop?

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

Erm yes. Why would someone be jealous of a firm that puts people out of business, dresses drivers up like elves for £7 an hour and has a fanbase of creatures from jim hensons creature shop?

oh i see your point now … thats exactly the same … sorry . :open_mouth:

peterm:
If I lived handy to one of their yards and I needed a job, I’d take one if offered… wouldn’t you ?

you know what so would i … :exclamation:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

sounds more bitter and twisted than jealousy tbh. as I’ve said many firms put people out of business- its called, er, business?

and as for the uniform, it looks better than Tesco value jeans and a black vest covered in egg stains.

personally I think I look more like an ice cream man than elf, but hey ho each to their own!

To be fair, I have been doing a bit with Stobarts on my days off at Widnes on the Tesco side of things, I find the office staff friendly, and professional, the drivers help with questions and directions, cant really fault em, OK the Scanias are basic but they do what they are meant to do, end of.

And as for Stobarts putting others out of business, thats all it is business, it happens in any side of business, whether it be haulage or hoover manufacturing, get a life and get over it.

Have to say though it is a bit sad seeing the Eddie fan club parked outside the yard in the cold scribbling the names/numbers down… :confused:

bubsy06:

big_trouble:

I dont like Chelsea or Arsenal FC I must be jealous of them cause I support Manchester Utd :unamused:
I dont like Snakes does that mean I am jealous and want to be one :unamused:
I dont like Indian Food does that mean I am jealous of the Indians who make it ? :unamused:
I dont like Gok Wan does that mean Im jealous of his gayness and that I might want to be the same as him ? :unamused:

I will get my coat before I go on :laughing: