Stobarts ferry

i have heard a rumour circulating for some time that Stobarts are going to put a boat on between Fleetwood, and Larne.
has anyone else heard anything on the same lines?
i also heard that montgommerys were going in on the deal. i hope not. most of them can’t drive, so i don’t want them anywhere near.

limeyphil:
i have heard a rumour circulating for some time that Stobarts are going to put a boat on between Fleetwood, and Larne.
i also heard that montgommerys were going in on the deal. i hope not. most of them can’t drive, so i don’t want them anywhere near.

Coming soon! Be afraid :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh dear! Another sinking ship then. :laughing:

Is that the major announcement about the group then which is supposed to be happening in a fortnight??
No,i don’t know what it is either!

So coming to a Tv near you .
Trucks , trailers and dirty big green boats :smiley:

Fallmonk:
So coming to a Tv near you .
Trucks , trailers and dirty big green boats :smiley:

With a mixed crew of leprechauns and elves n pixies :slight_smile:

limeyphil:

I’ve heard a few rumours about this, if there is an opportunity in the markets then Stobarts will be there, not too sure about those Montgomery becoming involved though.

EDDIE STOBART FAN:

limeyphil:

I’ve heard a few rumours about this, if there is an opportunity in the markets then Stobarts will be there, not too sure about those Montgomery becoming involved though.

Yes, paying ■■■■■ wages and shafting the people that earn them the money…Stobarts are very good at biting the hand that feeds them…

Dont feed the troll… :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Dont feed the troll… :wink:

spoil sport :open_mouth:

That rumour has been doing the rounds over here in Northern Ireland for ages. Don’t believe a word of it.

I suppose running ferries could be an option for them, they already have trains and an airport!

I’m sure I saw somewhere that they had plans to run barges on the canals into Birmingham…

This MMTM rumour was doing the rounds around these parts a year ago. You haven’t been “away” for a year have you Phil? :laughing:

Hope they’ve got lots of money for dredger hire, channel will be well silted up by now.

However ESL & Ballyvasey Holdings (Monties) are certainly big enough to do it.

Martin:
I’m sure I saw somewhere that they had plans to run barges on the canals into Birmingham…

And pleasure cruises along the Leeds Liverpool.

Ken.

Will they be teaming up with Nobrot’s cross channel ferry service that’s been planned for the last 20 years?

not much of a the place now in fleetwood.the office building has been ripped down plus the garage has gone aswell anda new health centre has been built the area now.plus the gatse have gone so hs the weight brigde.heard this rumour few months ago and ask my bro in laws father who used to do night work out of there but heard nothing.he even askeda family friend who worked on there before being layed off last xmas and heards nothing either.

The Irish Sea is notoriously hard for ferry companies to make money on. And they’d be up against some very big players with infinitely more experience and deeper pockets than them. I mean they couldn’t even begin to fill it up with their own trailers, and they’d struggle to win a price war.

But you never know, they are after all known for their loss making vanity projects.

It’s in dry dock right now getting stretched to take the longer trailers.

Leprechaun Boat.jpg

Trukkertone:
It’s in dry dock right now getting stretched to take the longer trailers.

“Fast Eddie” wouldn’t need to dredge a new channel into Fleetwood dock because they have the ability to “walk on water” simples!!!

Ooohhhhh you ■■■■■ Luke!!
But very true,especially the last statement.
I went on my hols to Dublin a few weeks ago and when I came off the ferry I was gob smacked over how many trucks and trailers were parked up,I thought we had a few parked up in England but it was ridiculous in Dublin.
It’s just rumours I reckon but there again we’ve enough jam rolls to crew the thing,just like the Ulysses!!