Stobarts do Nuneaton bridge

coventrytelegraph.net/news/ … e-15906018

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was hidden in another thread a few minutes ago. The article, not the bridge :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159656

Blimey, must have been flat to mat, to get it all over for a sleep, 10 for presinto and 9 for effort.

biggriffin:
Blimey, must have been flat to mat, to get it all over for a sleep, 10 for presinto and 9 for effort.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
yep,you have to be giving good marks for effort there… :slight_smile:

If that is the bridge that I’m thinking of then it was part of a rail line that was built but never actually used?

Pete.

The bridge is waiting to be demolished,but Network Rail are leaving it abit longer to see if they can cut the cost of demolition by letting transport do most of it for them.

windrush:
If that is the bridge that I’m thinking of then it was part of a rail line that was built but never actually used?

Pete.

Well it’s in the very first sentence in the article “A lorry has struck the disused railway bridge in Nuneaton this morning.”

Maybe he wanted a job with Stobart Rail and was trying to show how good he could be at bridge demolishing, although he seems to have failed that part of the interview, bridge 1 truck 0

Hasn’t got quite the kudos of "Debbie does Dallas " but Stobbies do Nuneaton could be a future classic methinks.

I wonder if he took “a fence” that network rail haven’t yet removed the bridge?

Either that or he lost in a fencing competition with the bridge.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

It’s got to the point where I’m more surprised when they don’t hit a bridge.

ETS:

windrush:

Pete.

Well it’s in the very first sentence in the article “A lorry has struck the disused railway bridge in Nuneaton this morning.”

‘Disused’ isn’t quite the same as ‘never been used’. Many lines are now disused but once were in operation. There is a section of line in that area that was constructed but (apart from maybe a test train soon after it was built?) never carried any traffic but was left in place just incase it was ever needed. It was due for demolition many years ago, I think it was as you entered the Nuneaton area on the A444 off of the A5 at Royal Redgate but maybe a different bridge though? I haven’t been that way for almost 20 years.

Pete.

‘Royal Redgate’ - you’re showing your age now, Pete!

Steve

Ste46:
‘Royal Redgate’ - you’re showing your age now, Pete!

Steve

I’m still here though Steve!! :wink:

Pete.

Many of…

Eddies depots that I’ve been to over the years have posters all over the wall preaching about bridges. At one stage I believe they had a keyring with a reminder about bridge heights.

Once again, I thought the dcpc was supposed to stop all of this.