Stobarts Cannock?

I see Stobbarts are looking for drivers at Cannock.

Firstly i didn’t know they had a depot at Cannock and secondly anybody know what they run from there, ie general etc?

See them at Unilever (3663), but don’t think they have yard in Cannock area? There are a lot of industrial units getting built there at moment so maybe one is theirs? Not sure how the paltry Carlisle wages will go down in this part of the world though, with so many hauliers after HGV drivers.

POST CODE GIVES DHL EXEL Supply chain Unilever Hickling Rd

Taking over transport at unilever again

Anybody ever had any experience of stobarts, very big company, do they treat there drivers well or just the same as most other haulage companies.
The money doesn’t look to bad.
I am more concerned with hours, home circumstances are starting to dictate a little bit towards hours that I can, or I am able to work. Are they flexible with working hours or do they always run you to the maximum that you can do.
Any info appreciated

Casper1877:
Anybody ever had any experience of stobarts, very big company, do they treat there drivers well or just the same as most other haulage companies.
The money doesn’t look to bad.
I am more concerned with hours, home circumstances are starting to dictate a little bit towards hours that I can, or I am able to work. Are they flexible with working hours or do they always run you to the maximum that you can do.
Any info appreciated

Stobart drivers job every day can be up 5 delivery/collection.Some time drivers do examply 3 delivery/collection and finish just after 8-10 hours because he can t do more collection from somewhere.In Stobart same any company any shift can be up to 15 hours but plenty shift with just 9-10 hours.All depend where you go ,how fast RDC boys taked pallets ,booking time and more.

Worked in the industry a while, as I say circumstances are starting to dictate to what I can do, if I could get 8/10 shift that would be spot on, just difficult to judge

My son works for them on days. Tues to Sat. Average 65-75 hrs a week. Take home £510 give or take £20 or so. They leave him alone to get on with things. I’m sure there are better and I’m sure there are worse. Each to their own.

Fizza is on the money. We dropped 25 brand new FH’s in there on Thursday.

I’ve e mailed and asked, you don’t ask you don’t get otherwise possibly agency bound

Casper- 8 to 10 hours wont be happening pal! Looking at 55-60 hours per week mate. My experience is that we are treated well, decent pay, excellent facilities and really good kit.

You will need a very understanding missus though.

I am on really good money driving for a company in Telford at the minute, good job, it’s a change in circumstances at home, don’t really fancy working in a warehouse, maybe it’s going to have to be the agency route then

eagerbeaver:
Casper- 8 to 10 hours wont be happening pal! Looking at 55-60 hours per week mate. My experience is that we are treated well, decent pay, excellent facilities and really good kit.

You will need a very understanding missus though.

If you don’t mind me asking mate what are you roughly taking home for them hrs?

Take home around £450 mate. Mon-Fri days.

eagerbeaver:
Take home around £450 mate. Mon-Fri days.

Thanks mate. I would be looking for mon - fri days if its available.

Just one more thing i live about 40 mins from my nearest depot. Would this be ok because I know they can be quite strick on how far away you live and travel to the depot.

Sorry to be a pain, any idea on the ports work out of Stoke