Stobarts at Goole Jobs

Just received a email from Driver Exchange no good for me don’t have class 1 yet but maybe of interest to someone.

Based on your location, we thought you might be interested in the opportunity through our
client Eddie Stobart below.

Stobarts are urgently looking for Class 1 night drivers to work out of the Goole site for their contract with Tesco to complete a night shift with potential to get regular work.

The work is mainly store deliveries with an average for 2-3 drops, approximately 10 hours in
length.

Due to a large present requirement to fill shifts, they are offering to an attractive rate of £15p/h and compensation for travel costs.

If you are interested,
please get in touch ASAP. You can reach us on 020 7788 4881.

Cheers,

The DX Team

£15/hr still isn’t enough to compensate for the fact it’s ■■■■ work with ■■■■ trailers contaminated with mouldy food, ■■■■ cages with only 3 wheels, ■■■■ attitude from the office staff, ■■■■ attitude from the store staff, oh and it’s a lot of manual graft. I hope all the shelves in their stores become empty and they go to the wall.

£15/hr self employed? So exactly the same as every other firm is paying for Class 1. £15ph is not attractive for nights in East Yorkshire as self employed, its the going rate.

4 pages from this topic at least :laughing:

seth 70:

Yeah Tesco, Stobarts and pay rates all in one thread it could have some longevity this one.:smiley:

bald bloke:

seth 70:

Yeah Tesco, Stobarts and pay rates all in one thread it could have some longevity this one.:smiley:

Filly curtains and pelmets thrown in aswell,it will reach the 100s :wink:

Left hand down!:
£15/hr still isn’t enough to compensate for the fact it’s [zb] work with [zb] trailers contaminated with mouldy food, [zb] cages with only 3 wheels, [zb] attitude from the office staff, [zb] attitude from the store staff, oh and it’s a lot of manual graft. I hope all the shelves in their stores become empty and they go to the wall.

Bang on there " Left hand down " , Ignorant ■■■■■ ■■■■ job ■■■■ trailers ■■■■ cages is exactly the reason why they cannot get drivers , but typical of a lot of firms they cant see it and sit there ■■■■■■■ about with spread sheets and doing silly graphs to stick on walls , if they looked at what is staring them in the face and got off their arses and sorted the problems out they would be running a happy ship , so called management they are as Thick as Pig ■■■■ !!, would have to offer me £ 50 an hour on P.A.Y.E. before I would drive for em ■■■■ em I say.

Its such a crap job, they cant get drivers but they still ban drivers off site for trivial reasons, the chickens are certainly coming home to roost at Goole.

Rather go unemployed than work for them

Well strangely I quite enjoy this sort of work and I did apply when I was looking for a job but was told “we receive a high calibre of applicant and yours doesn’t meet our standards”
14 years experience only 3pts and good references. :open_mouth:
The thing is if I went to an agency I’d probably get in.

paul.fitz.589:
Rather go unemployed than work for them

snap :grimacing:

Left hand down!:
£15/hr still isn’t enough to compensate for the fact it’s [zb] work with [zb] trailers contaminated with mouldy food, [zb] cages with only 3 wheels, [zb] attitude from the office staff, [zb] attitude from the store staff, oh and it’s a lot of manual graft. I hope all the shelves in their stores become empty and they go to the wall.

The deliveries will get made, the shelves will be filled, but it’s going to cost a bloody fortune to get it done! :laughing:

Their website say £12.10 to £13.59 ph. :open_mouth:

Is Xmas getting close?

Stanley Knife:
Their website say £12.10 to £13.59 ph. :open_mouth:

Is Xmas getting close?

based on weekend NIGHT TRAMPING :unamused: and including meal allowance and BS :open_mouth: £8.80 an hour, sat £10 ish and sun/ bank holidays £11 something :bulb: all a con just to get you there by dangling a carrot! :smiling_imp: :imp: then once you’re ACTUALLY THERE! :question: treat you VERY NICE NOT! :exclamation: :grimacing:

Left hand down!:

This is so true & sums up Tesco & their bs:lol:

VOLSCADAF:
]
Bang on there " Left hand down " , Ignorant [zb] [zb] job [zb] trailers [zb] cages is exactly the reason why they cannot get drivers , but typical of a lot of firms they cant see it and sit there ■■■■■■■ about with spread sheets and doing silly graphs to stick on walls , if they looked at what is staring them in the face and got off their arses and sorted the problems out they would be running a happy ship , so called management they are as Thick as Pig [zb] !!, would have to offer me £ 50 an hour on P.A.Y.E. before I would drive for em [zb] em I say.

+1

Ignorant t.o staff :confused: :confused: :confused: ,all you do is give them your fleet number,then then either tell you too grab a seat as your loads not ready or give you a load number,you give load number too the dispatcher and they give you the paper work ,other than THANKYOU when given load number,paper work I can’t think of much else said or needing too say ,it’s a very simple process.
How are they ignorant ,girls are sound if you ask me ,always polite too me ,we don’t stand there for hours talking as I just want my load and gone ,but always get a hello,smile ,what more do you want :unamused: :unamused:

Would someone like to e mail this linky to stobarts head office so they can make a graph up about it :smiley:

I was told by an agency that they could not get drivers to work there because of the shift lengths, he had drivers some retired who only wanted 8 to 10 hour shifts but because stobarts could not get drivers they kept getting 15 hours so never went back.

ive been asked to pick up a stobart wagon from both warrington and stoke and go up to goole with an empty/ cages trl and do a few days tramping.

you just say im tramping got any distance work(?) and they give you somthing like 1 hit workington or carnforth or barrow for example ang just say see you in the morning.

a couple of the day staff are abit up themselves but the rest seem fine.

i quite like the job but i would not like to do it full time.

mac12:
I was told by an agency that they could not get drivers to work there because of the shift lengths, he had drivers some retired who only wanted 8 to 10 hour shifts but because stobarts could not get drivers they kept getting 15 hours so never went back.

Sounds good to me ,agency get the ■■■■ long runs,while there own drivers get the 1 hit short runs :exclamation: :smiley:
A well done too STOBARTS and there goole t.o staff for that one ,long may it continue :smiley: